What Game Should I Buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Game Should I Buy?

I finally was able to find a Wii! Although I wasn't really looking or planning on getting one I just saw they had some so I bought it. Since I wasn't planning on getting one I have not done any research into games. So what game should I get? I know you guys are going to say "well what type of games do you like?" and my response is I like all types of games. I'm just trying to gage what everyones favorites are and I will go from there. Thanks guys.

Re: What Game Should I Buy?

Red Steel and Heatseeker aren't that great choices unless you want 10 hours of fun. I liked both games but they were very short with very little replayability.

Super Paper Mario has been really good. It has a good mixture of regular Mario that we all know and Wiimote pointing. It has a lot of puzzles and is probably double the amount of play time compared to Red Steel or Heatseeker.

Godfather is a decent game. It's got a lot of neat controls for throwing people around and generally beating them to death. Definitely don't play it around kids because of swearing and violence, obviously. You could probably wait until Scarface comes out. It's going to be more bad ass than Godfather with a main character that really looks like Al Pacino. It'll have more violence and even more swearing.

Someone here will probably recommend Zelda. It's a good game and really long. If you got about 50 hours for it, pick it up. I still have to get around to finishing it but I always get stuck on the puzzles.

Upcoming games to look out for near the end of the year and next year:
    Ready 2 Rumble - oh yeah... there had to be a full boxing game at some point
    Guitar Hero 3 - It doesn't matter what system it's on really but it'll be on the Wii
    Rock Band - The Guitar Hero developers sold the rights but they're making this game. It has the same sort of idea except you supposedly can play bass, drums and vocals too.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
      I finally was able to find a Wii! Although I wasn't really looking or planning on getting one I just saw they had some so I bought it. S
      I did the same thing on Saturday...I walked into the Same EB Games I have walked into 4 or 5 other times since november expecting the same.."Haven't seen one in a month" answer..and they said..we got 8 in yesterday!.. Yikes.. and I was with my daughter so I was cornered!..

I do really really like the tennis Game that comes with the sports disc.. I hoe that there is a full version someday...

peardog
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Man, peardog, I hear yah. I hope Nintendo expands on some of the concepts they fleshed out in Wii sports.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
          Man, peardog, I hear yah. I hope Nintendo expands on some of the concepts they fleshed out in Wii sports.
          Don't you mean: "I hope Nintendo fleshes out some of the concepts they used in Wii Sports"?

Bring me Top Spin!!!
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Mario party 8 man, that looks awesome. Don't know if it's out yet, but as soon as it is, I'll be rocking it.
            |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

Mortal Kombat comes out at the end of the month, that looks preaty sweet. So far I like the Godfather game for the Wii the best.

Comment

Alright jonan_, these are the best games you'll find on the Wii for now:

Zelda -- Simple enough? The game to own for Wii
                Super Paper Mario -- Brilliant platformer/action RPG/adventure title
                Trauma Center -- Perform surgery with your Wiimote (operations separated by story sequences; good pacing)
                Elebits -- One of the most innovative applications of the Wii controller
                Sonic and the Secret Rings -- The best 3D Sonic to date, although it has a significant learning curve (if you enjoyed the original Sonic games, you'll appreciate the speed of this title)

Now, if you plan to play with friends:
                Wario Ware -- Fun for everyone and endlessly amusing (if you appreciate the game's sense of humor)
                Mario Party 8 -- Obvious, eh?

Keep in mind that there are dozens of absolutely amazing games on the Virtual Console as well.

Comment

I just got to play madden and it is really cool. I think when 08 comes out I will have to get it. In the mean time I am thinking of picking up Zelda and I will have to get Godfather when it comes out.

Comment

I was curious about playing Madden 07 even though I'm not a big football fan. It seems to have some really cool controls. I'll definitely have to wait for Madden 08 to try it out. It'll have online play too.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I decided to buy Zelda. I have not gotten to play any Zelda games since the very first Nintendo so I am pretty excited about it. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
                        I decided to buy Zelda. I have not gotten to play any Zelda games since the very first Nintendo so I am pretty excited about it. Thanks for all the recommendations.
                        Don't forget to buy you Wii sword:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/sword,-sh...any-260517.php

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                          Sweet! Good idea :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement