Mario Strikers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Strikers!

I picked up Mario Strikers on a lark last week--I needed a faster pace game than madden 08.

Strikers totally rocks! It's easy to learn, but hard to master. I've put in over 20 hours playing it in the first two weeks. It's easily the best 'sports' title out on Wii. With the additional head-to-head online play the game has a lot of mileage.

The thing is, I don't have anyone to play online against. And my family is too keen on playing against me on 'hard' difficulty ;) So this is my plea to my fellow TG Wii owners to at least rent the game (if not buy it) so we can get some online goodness going.

Online play uses a Strikers code different than the Wii code. I'll post mine when I get home tonight.

I'm subscribing to this thread so I can keep up to date on developments :)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Mario Strikers!

I was eyeing that game, but I'm torn between picking up Stikers, Madden or Metroid next...honestly...Metroid has been slowly whispering sweet nothings in my ear for some time now.
    | | |

Comment

Ew, tell it to stop.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

For real. I know it's a tough decision between Metroid and Strikers. Maybe rent metroid and buy strikers? Metroid has about 20-30 hours of play in it. :D
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I am looking at picking up Strikers soon, Ill post when I finally get it.

Comment

Hmmm....

This game is going on my xmas list, just so I can get some Wii multiplayer gaming goodness going. I've no idea what the game is even about, but I'm game.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

^^^^Soccer.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

yeah It's a soccer game with mario brothers characters. It's totally insane, but very very fun.

Comment

What are the controls like?
                  | | |

Comment

Can you play coop with the kids?
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

The controls are fairly easy (my six year old has the hang of it and my wife does too). It only has a few used for the Wiimotes capabilities, but that's okay, it serves it well. The controls are easy, but there is definite skill in becoming proficient at them. Check out these links:

http://wii.nintendo.com/site/mariostrikerscharged/
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Strikers_Charged

And yes, you can play coop or head to head on the same Wii. You can play head to head and ladder/league games via internet.

Comment

Ok! My Strikers Code is:

348001 910750

Add me to your friends roster.

Comment

Just picked it up today, Ill get my online code then.

Comment

Well, I'm waiting :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X