Just purchased a Wii

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased a Wii

I picked up a Wii this past Thursday and I must say that I am very impressed with it. True the graphics aren't up to par when compared against the PC, XBox or PlayStation, but the level of immersion more than makes up for it. You can tell from the user interface that a great amount of effort went into the Wii's design to make this console easy to use and understand.

The games I purchased to so far are:
    • Mario Party
    • Madden '08
    • Wii Sports
    • Wii Play (came with it)
    • Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Out of those, the ones I have the most fun playing would be Madden and surprisingly - Wii Play. I'm not overly crazy about Medal of Honor at all, which is strange since I love the FPS genre. I haven't put any time into Mario Party or Wii Sports yet, I bought those as family games and we haven't had much opportunity to try them out yet.

So far, I have to give the Wii a solid A, leaning towards an A+.

If anyone has any other game suggestions, please let me know. I held off from buying Zelda to give myself some time to learn the console. I'm a huge Zelda fan from ages ago and I think if I had made that one of my initial game purchases, I might not have eaten for a few days.
    Last edited by Lorax74; 09-17-2007, 11:08 PM. Reason: grammar, what else

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Re: Just purchased a Wii

A few games you should pick up:

- Metroid Prime: Corruption
    - Wario Ware
    - Virtual Console games: Gunstar Heroes, Actraiser, Super Metroid, Paper Mario... oh, the list goes on
    sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

Madden 07 is supposed to be better then 08.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Excite Truck is a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ View Post
          Excite Truck, Trauma Center, and Godfather are my favourite games so far.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 is a MUST MUST have.
            | | |

Comment

The new Dragon Ball Z game shound be out soon if you are a fan look into it. It's a fighting game and the moves are complicated if you choose to use the nun+wiimote set up but once you get it down it is probably the best fighting game I have played just because of the wiimote controls. I still suck at it but my friend is pretty good. (Referring to the first one out on the Wii.)
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                Madden 07 is supposed to be better then 08.
                Madden 08 has been alright so far. I suppose the only reason to get it is the online gaming. Although, you end up with that stupid bug where everything is blurry before the third down starts. I think it only happens when a cinematic camera pan occurs just before it.

Guitar Hero 3 will be out in November. Victorious Boxers is coming out at the end of Sept. I think. It'll be more responsive than Wii Boxing and have more moves. There's of course Brawl and Galaxy coming out in December.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ View Post
                  This is my favorite by far, too!

Another good party game is Boogie.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Resident Evil 4 is so awesome. I need to pick up Excite Truck and I hear Mario Strikers is really good to.

Comment

We have a mario strikers thread... you should read than then go get it... Or Resident Evil IV
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Yes, I have that on my list but I have to say, it really doesn't look that appealing to me. I'll give it a shot anyway. I'll add a post to your thread once I get my hands on the game.

I did purchase Zelda: Ocarena of Time and I'm really looking forward to playing through that again in the coming weeks (it's been almost 10 years since I last played it, so I'm hoping I don't remember everything). Hopefully I'll get online with Madden '08 this week as well.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X