Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wii controllers...how many? Which one's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii controllers...how many? Which one's?

So...a Wii is going under the tree for Christmas this year. Kid's are currently running a Gamecube with 4 controllers (three kids+ me or the wife).

My question is...with the sports games that come with the standard package, plus say Mario Party 8 (the one "extra" game we'll probably get them), how many controllers do I really need, and which one's?

My plan right now is to buy three extra Wiimotes, but hold off on getting extra Nunchuk's. Besides what I've read on the boxing game, do any of the other sports games or MP8 require all players to have their own nunchuk controller?

Snarlin

Re: Wii controllers...how many? Which one's?

I'd say get an extra nunchuck controller so you have two. So far I have not seen any games where more than 2 controllers + nunchucks have been required.

Not entirely sure about MP8 and it's requirements though.

EDIT: Just looked up info on MP8...looks like if you're playing with 4 players you will need 4 nunchucks.
    | | |

Comment

Lots of games require a wiimote and nunchuk for each player. I'd make sure I had 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchuks for max fun. If you've got Gamecube controllers, don't bother with the Wii Classic controllers.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

At some point you'll want to play 4-player Wii Tennis. It'll be worth getting the extra controllers for that.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
          I'd say get an extra nunchuck controller so you have two. So far I have not seen any games where more than 2 controllers + nunchucks have been required.

Not entirely sure about MP8 and it's requirements though.

EDIT: Just looked up info on MP8...looks like if you're playing with 4 players you will need 4 nunchucks.
          MP8 only NEEDS nunchuks for some of the extra stuff. The core game (and every flavor thereof) only needs the remote.

I've found 2 nunchuks are good enough for just about everything, but I often wish I had a fourth remote.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
            I've found 2 nunchuks are good enough for just about everything, but I often wish I had a fourth remote.
            Have you bought WiiPlay yet? It's either a game with a free remote, or a remote with a free game. Either way, it's well worth the money.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              Have you bought WiiPlay yet? It's either a game with a free remote, or a remote with a free game. Either way, it's well worth the money.
              I have. It's why I have three. :)
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

It's a remote with a free game. Wii Play is fun for about 15 minutes or showing new Wii players how to use the remote. I wouldn't buy Wii Play just for the game.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have 2 controllers and 2 nunchuks. I bought the Wii classic one because I thought I needed it and I didn't even think about using GameCube one's. Oh well.

Comment

4 Wii-motes + 2 Nunchucks = all you need with your Gamecube controllers...

ps Mario Party 8 is fun, but Guitar Hero 3 for Wii is a million times better, two guitars and your a gift giving god!
                    Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X