I was...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was...

THIS || close to scoring a Wii by accident at Target today.

I was checking out and this very nice manager was helping an elderly woman explaing that 'they were all gone' and they had '22 of them 30 minutes ago in a surprise shipment'. So, as he was checking my merchandise out (oh, that didn't sound right - umm.. he was ringing out two DS games and a 360 game), and I said.. your were talking about the Wii, right? YEP.

He also told the woman that she could check out the week sale flyer that goes online Saturday, but isn't published until Sunday's paper and if they advertise the Wii in the sale flyer for that region - they'll have them in-store on Sunday morning for the stores in that ads region.

Just something I found out.. they are still coming in to stores if you want one and I'm sure it doesn't apply to just Target.
    sigpic

Re: I was...

GameStop also has the Raincheck program. They sell Nintendo approved vouchers for one Wii to be redeemed in January. Just something to put under the tree. I don't know how fast they'll sell though.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

My wife actually bought one before Thanksgiving at Toys R US. She said I don't know what it does, but people were yelling and screaming for one. She then said that while they were all arguing, she walked up and just grabbed one off a near by shelf. Gotta love a girl with brains.
      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Well.. the Wii showed up in todays flyer for our area. I'll let ya know tomorrow if it's true. I don't care that much - it's become a game in itself now..
        sigpic

Comment

I'll get one eventually, I'm waiting/hoping for the price to go down, and I'm not gonna be really itching for one until Super Smash Brothers comes out in February. Hopefully by then I won't have to play this cat-and-mouse game :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

LOL @ the price going down. When something is in high demand, don't count on the price going down soon. The Wii will probably stick at the launch price for a while. Just be glad if you can find one.

Think of it as a good investment paying a few extra dollars for the time you get to play it however long it stays at the current price.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah, Price is solid and level. You'll probably see the unofficial 'bundles' disappear.

The rumor held true.. they had them at Target, but not enough. Oh well.
              sigpic

Comment

i was at wallmart last week in the electronics section (getting blu ray movies, which wallmart sells now (woot)) and there was a line of about 20 people, so i asked what the line was for.. someone at the front said they just got a shipment of Wii's in... it blew my mind that over a year later, they are still hard to get.... GG Nintento! (no sarcasm.. they are back on top)

15 mil wii sold so far (sold.. not shipped, but sold and in households or under trees)
                12 mil 360 shipped (some are still on store shelves)
                7 mil ps3 sold (same as wii.. sold, not shipped)
                considering wii has been out for 1 year, 360 is 2 years, and ps3 is 1 year

15 mil wii / year
                7 mil ps3 / year
                6 mil 360 / year

quite the opposite from last gen console gaming

ps: i own a wii and a ps3 (80 gig version)
                powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Well.. turns out my best gift of the holiday came from my Mom. She's totally non-tech and bought everyone in the family a Roomba 500 series.

LOOOOOVE IT! Two full runs now and it gets hung up on NOTHING so far. It reduces dust and gets into all the places my vacuum won't go. Not to mention it's just plain CUTE and fun to watch. Anyway.. 'nuff said.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nintendo has been doing a limited release to help create the illusion of little supply and high demand. It's worked well for them. It's probably also helped with their network things like store and whatnot to limit the initial influxes of new clients.

I managed to score one last year before Christmas time. I honestly play my PS3 more than it now, but it's still a great party system (Rock Band is giving it a run for it's money though...) I've, since I walked into stores this holiday season, Have seen several stacks of Wii's sitting on the shelf. I knew no fewer than 8 people at work who really really wanted a Wii for their "Kids" this season... hehe, yea right. Most picked one up though.

I've heard mixed feedback on Roomba, and I always see them on woot.com so it makes me wonder about their durability.

[UPDATE] Just stopped by the Local Best Buy during lunch and there was some poor employee standing next to a pile of 4 Nintendo Wii. He was complaining that now that they had them in, nobody was around to buy them. So, If you're near Eagan, Minnesota, and in need of a Wii, the Best Buy there has some =p [/UPDATE]
                    Last edited by Vinzalf; 12-28-2007, 02:06 PM. Reason: Just an Update
                    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

it IS post christmas tho, so the hype is now gone, and nintendo will flood stores so that there is ample supply for every story. i wonder tho, if next year will be the same. 2 years in a row i thought was odd, but 3 is definitly something beyond precident