Mario Kart Wii - April 27th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Kart Wii - April 27th

Wii is due for another game - Mario Kart Wii on April 27th. Received 8.5 out of 10 on IGN.com review.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/868/868012p1.html
    XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Re: Mario Kart Wii - April 27th

I've got this preordered. This is supposed to be the most realistic racing sim ever, right? No? Oh...

OK, so I love racing games. Even though I suck at them. I've already got Excite Truck and will be getting Mario Kart Wii. What's a more realistic racing game that's out for the Wii?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Dont think their is any at all Cing. PC is where the realistic racing sims are at.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
        Dont think their is any at all Cing. PC is where the realistic racing sims are at.
        I'm not looking for an ultrarealistic sim. I just want something like Gran Turismo.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Need For Speed Carbon

Need For Speed Pro Street

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy View Post
            Need For Speed Carbon

Need For Speed Pro Street
            Yeah, I tried Carbon out and it just plain sucks. The controls simply don't work. Do you know if Pro Street is an improvement?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              Yeah, I tried Carbon out and it just plain sucks. The controls simply don't work. Do you know if Pro Street is an improvement?
              From reviews it is a step backwards from Carbon.

I just picked up Mario kart today and it is pretty crazy. The track designers had a field day. The game gives you the option of using Gamecube controller for those that don't like turning a giant floating wheel.

Comment

I think the Wii wheel is awesome. Nicely developed race tracks. The development team did a good job being able to use a wide variety of controllers. Can also send invites on the MK Channel to those who have registered the Wii Friend codes to play online.

Comment

Using the Wiimote as a steering wheel doesn't seem as precise as the joystick. Every time I jump it always wants to slide the opposite way.

Comment

The multiplayer online for Mario Kart Wii is much better than SSBB's multiplayer online. Able to connect to games in a couple of seconds on MK Wii rather than waiting for minutes on SSBB.

Comment

I've been playing this a bit with some friends. It's really fun, though it helps to turn the items to strategic, that way there aren't so many spike shells and bullet bills.

The wheel seems to be really horrible, though. I think it's because it doesn't 'rest' on straight like real wheels and the thumbstick, so you have to manually unturn once you've turned enough, which is really hard to do without over or under compensating in some direction.

Comment

Just picked this up, its a blast.

Comment

Yarrp, very fun. The wheel is actually really instinctive, love it for casual play.

Comment

Ive heard good and bad about this game. Can anyone give it a review of sorts now that its been a month? Is the wheel good enough for professional play? Is it as good as Mario Kart 64?

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                              Ive heard good and bad about this game. Can anyone give it a review of sorts now that its been a month? Is the wheel good enough for professional play? Is it as good as Mario Kart 64?
                              I think its been one of the best Mario Karts since Mario Kart 64. The wheel takes time to get used to since its a floating wheel. At least there is online play to make you play more, instead of just getting through the game and thats it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X