Wii Fit Board discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Fit Board discussion

Just got my Fit Board, and I'm impressed. I find the 4 game/activity categories well-balanced, physically demanding, and motivating. My whole family plays with it almost every day, and it has improved my sons' balance and coordination noticeably in just one week! Meanwhile, I'm finally getting back to a form of regular exercise with my wife we enjoy together (other than...you know :)).

My chiropracter became very interested when I described how it showed in my COB before and after adjustments. I think this has some real potential to be used for a lot of different applications.

Anyone else get one? What are your favorite games/activities or latest unlocks with Fit? Any good stories?

I really enjoy slalom skiing, ski jump, ball tables, lunges, push-ups and soccer heading.
    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Re: Wii Fit Board discussion

It is actually funner then I imagined. All I will say, is that you actually look kinda goofy doing all the actions. But once you get over that its all good.

Comment

My wife really wants one. My sister already got hers and made me try it out the other day.

I like it and hate it!

It called me OBESE! Now I do have a couple extra pounds but also have been doing the P90X program for the last 8 weeks. I am in pretty good shape and don't look like I weigh 215 lbs. I am 5'11" tall and it called me OBESE and made my Mii look like a blimp.

Then after she had me do all the calibration and BMI she had me do the centering bit and I am almost dead center in balance. I used to teach Kung FU and have always had great balance and centering.

SO my sister thought it would be funny to see me try and do the first yoga pose. Once again I have been doing the P90X program which includes 1.5 hour yoga routine. (HARDER THEN YOU MAY THINK!) SO I get up and do the first pose and bam get the high score. My sister jutst looked at me and I said...

"Not bad for an obese guy!" LOL!

Remember this is a great fun game but it is not an exact science. Don't completely rely on the Wii fit for BMI or any body fat. Even Nintendo had released a statement about the Wii Fit still being a game after some couple complained that the Wii Fit had called their little daughter OBESE!

I will still probably get one for the wife....and I still want to try out the Wii Ski.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Using BMI as a gauge for target weight has always been flawed. It doesn't take into account muscle mass vs. fat mass.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Exactly. What it does do is make you want to make IT think you're "normal"...and then when you're normal, to test out to your actual age or younger.

I'm in the normal BMI, and tested to -8 my age once...the Mii animation was so gay I had to laugh. A big backflip and then a triple pirouette. Of course the one where you're "Normal" is worse, you clap like a little Japanese schoolgirl while bouncing up and down, and then finish off with a big thumbs-up worthy of Big Gay Al himself. :row__572:

I have to admit, I kind of like doing work-outs with the female trainer. She has some cute polygons. It's almost as bad as that PS2 volleyball game when she does the Plank exercise, viewed from behind.:icon19:

My wife really likes the Fit, I recommend scoring one, asap.
          sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Is the Wii Fit turning out to be another Wii issue in regards to limited supply? I mean the major retailers seem to be on back order or sell it bundled only with a Wii etc.. Is this a conspiracy?? (heh.. it would be cool if it was..)..
            Keep Americans Fat and lazy!! Make them buy Bigger Cars and use more gas/oil... Oh my!.. Just kidding...
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I wish I could buy it. My doctor took me off of my cruch so I think now would be a great time for Wii fit. I only work 20 hours a week so that is plenty of time to use Wii fit and go to the gym.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Ok.. I was able to Snag a Wii Fit for Christmas... Anyone recommend any games that work with it that are decent. I see Wii Ski and the Shaun White Snowboarding... They look neat...
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                  Ok.. I was able to Snag a Wii Fit for Christmas... Anyone recommend any games that work with it that are decent. I see Wii Ski and the Shaun White Snowboarding... They look neat...
                  If you have kids in the house (and maybe even if you don't) Raving Rabbids TV Party is good. The first two Rabbids games didn't use the Wii Fit board, but this latest one does. The only downside is that everyone has to take their turn...no head-to-head wildebeast racing down Mt. Kilamytushi. :row__538:

One I would not recommend is "Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009". I worked through most of the Wii Fit games (and still like them), but wanted a game where I could link up several games/routines back-to-back instead of waiting for the Wii Fit every 1 minute, 2 minutes, etc... I've tried JMFU about six times now and for the life of me I can't get the Wii to easily recognize the actions that the game is telling me I need to do. That, and there's not a whole lot of balance board games...at least not from what I can see.

Snarlin

Comment

Snarlin, Have you seen EA SPORTS Active? ( http://www.easportsactive.com/home.action ) ..It's not out yet..but may be something you would be interested in this spring... I know I may jump on it... I kinda like WiiFit so far... It would be neat to be able to Download new Exercises for it via a Wii Channel or something..
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

How well does the WiiFit board work on carpet? Wasn't sure how it threw off the balance, and weighing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                        How well does the WiiFit board work on carpet? Wasn't sure how it threw off the balance, and weighing stuff.
                        Seems ducky. It even comes with leg extenders for deeper pile.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Mine's on carpet. Medium pile. With the extensions it seems to work fine.

Snarlin

Comment

I ran into a Snafu with mine today (after 5 days)... I keep getting the "Please step off the Balance Board and press A" request when it calibrates. I can get around this by lifint the board up in a air a bit (one of the 4 legs) with my foot and then when it tells me to get on I can quickly get on...but Some games hate this and any that have to detect you getting off of the board (like one of the Step exercises in Wii Fit..) do not work. I may have ot return her... Grrr..
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

I keep getting the "Please step off the Balance Board and press A" request when it calibrates.
                              We'll get this once in a while, but it always works fine if we remain as still as possible (and as centered as possible) after getting on. I've always thought it was because the kids were too "wiggly".

Snarlin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X