Web browsing on the Wii

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web browsing on the Wii

Firefox is rumored to be readying a browser for Wii and there is Opera. Does anyone here use their Wii for Web browsing and what did you need to do to use it.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: Web browing on the Wii

It's pretty tough to browse the web on the Wii. It's almost like going back in time. It's basically the resolution not being large enough. Browsing the web in 480p is not to fun. Although, a keyboard would make it a bit better.

Comment

Re: Web browing on the Wii

Nintendo added keyboard support a long time ago. But yeah, it's not fun at such a low resolution. I only downloaded it because it was during the free promo.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Re: Web browsing on the Wii

Any usb keyboard should work, I hooked up my keyboard from my PS3 and browsed around a little. It is better than nothing, when my computer went down the Wii and PS3 both were my ways of browsing the web. both system are not so fun but the Wii is better to browse the internet on then the PS3. Reason why is the PS3 is a little more difficult(time consuming) to enter in addresses.

Comment

Homestar Runner. Flash sites like that are golden for the Wii; they work well at the low resolution, and they're sit-back-and-watch-able so doing it on the couch is fun for all those in the room.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I never really understood web browsing for the wii. To me, it's like... putting Microsoft Word on an XBox. If you are reading this, you're probably doing it on the computer.

What would the difference be between WiiOpera and WiiFirefox?

edit:
            I have played a few flash games on Opera. It's pretty novel
            Without teamwork, you'll never survive.
            Without betrayal you'll never win.

Comment

Well it's not really that bad, when I'm cleaning the house or if I have any friends over at my place, we just turn on the TV and instead of some channel with commercials in between songs we turn on youtube and crank up the volume, that one thing it's good for and I must say I'm quite satisfied with it.

Other thing is when someone's using my computer and I urgently need to check something, I can just go on the TV, turn on the Wii and search. After a few months or even faster if you're a fast learner, you can handle the remote like it's your finger and the browsing gets fun and quick.

Although this is just my experience with Wii browsing
              ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...