Wii 5 year old Boy Freindly??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii 5 year old Boy Freindly??

Thinking of buying one for my nephew.. How are the controlls, would this be appropriate for a 5-6 year old, are there cool games for a child this young?... He loves fishing and hunting games

Re: Wii 5 year old Boy Freindly??

Very much yes.

My younger daughter was 4 and is autistic. She picked it up in a heartbeat. The intuitive movement controls help the novice really grasp how to operate the games.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

My niece was just barely four when I first gave her the controller, simple games like Wii Sports and whatnot she enjoys. More complex games, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, the games I enjoy are not the best for her, but she was a quick study all in all.

In the end I think that he would get a lot of fun from it, also Nintendo has one of the best selections for kid friendly games out there so don't worry too much about that. My Sister and Brother in law ended up buying a Wii because of the fun that they had using mine, and they have said that my niece still gets some regular use of it as well.

There is one bad thing I could say about the idea though. Your nephew would be the envy of all his friends ;)

~ Draken

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
        Thinking of buying one for my nephew.. How are the controlls, would this be appropriate for a 5-6 year old, are there cool games for a child this young?... He loves fishing and hunting games
        You are the best Uncle ever!!!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I only have one piece of advice: get his parents to buy the Wii Fit.

Comment

Children love the Wii. 360/PS3 appeal to the Hardcore/teenage audience, but I doubt there's a single person on this planet who can't find a game on Wii they don't like.

Comment

just picked this up over the weekend - what are your kids favorite games?

my3 and 5yr olds can't get enough of the sword fighting in wii-sports resort (or whatever it's called).

are there any other 'must have' games out there?

Comment

my kids really enjoyed wii sports, wii sports resorts, mario kart, legos batman, and spongebob.

Comment

I have a boy(10), and two girls (12 & 14). The girls don't play much other than Guitar Hero. The boy gets the most use out of it. For the younger crowd I'd list must my have's as...

- Rayman's Raving Rabbids II. Laugh out loud funny. A little gross (fart/belch humor) at times. Pretty easy controls. The last game...RR TV Party, isn't as good as RR-II...except for the Wildebeast racing game which you use the WiiFit (on your butt) with.

- Mario Party. Any will do. We have MP4 and I think MP7 for the gamecube, and then MP8 for the Wii.

- WiiMusic. A little different...not so much a game, but a very good experience for the younger ones. Playing four people together works great.

- LegoWhatever. My boy has all the Star Wars Lego games. All cool. Still plays 'em for hours.

- BoomBlox. Think of Jenga multiplied by 100X. Can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. I love the game. Music is cool.

Snarlin

Comment

I do not see why not. alot of kids and all likes the wii. plus they have games for everyone I guess you can say.

Comment

I've spent a lot of time with my 5-year-old son playing Mario Galaxy. It's great and takes a long time to complete, so it has good bang-for-your-buck. The nice thing about the game is that the 2nd player can help out by shooting at enemies, holding back moving objects, etc., so that he's able to get through the harder parts. We've spent a lot of quality time with this game and are looking forward to Mario Galaxy II which is expected to release next year.

We also enjoy Mario Kart--lots of fun for up to 4 players.
                      Twisted Firestarter
                      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                      sigpic

Comment

I love playing the Wii with my daughter. It is alot of fun and keeps them way more active compared to other types of consoles. So in answer to your question I'm 100 % sure he will have a ball playing it. I know that I do and i'm a kid at heart.

Comment

The gamecube is a cheap alternative that my 4 and 5 year old picked up pretty quickly. Kirby air ride and sonic DX are among my 5 year old sons favs. Clearly a wii would be awesome, I think we may get one this year. Kids that age don't seem to care about graphics much it seems.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X