So I broke down for Christmas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I broke down for Christmas...

I broke down for Christmas and bought a Wii. I was looking for games for my PS3 that would be good for my 4 year old and found next to nothing. I turned around and started looking at all the Wii games and there were TONS he would enjoy.

So here's my question for those of you with young children; what are some good games for a 4 year old? I saw plenty of them that I'm pretty sure he'd want to play, but I figured I'd check here first.

I'd like to pick up a couple more games today for it so he has something other than Wii Sports to play with, so any suggestions would be welcome!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: So I broke down for Christmas...

Carnival Games and Mario Party would top my list. WarioWare could also be good if he's on the ball.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Hmmm, I liked Elebits, but my son didn't. You grab things and move them around to find little creatures.

My son still loves a game called De Blob. You're a blob that rolls around painting the world.

Both of these are cool to just play around with, but they also have a more difficult campaign with a story for older kids (like me and you).
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm still going with the list I posted before. These are fun for any age. RRR-II, and MP have minigames that even the little ones can enjoy.

- Rayman's Raving Rabbids II. Laugh out loud funny. A little gross (fart/belch humor) at times. Pretty easy controls. The last game...RR TV Party, isn't as good as RR-II...except for the Wildebeast racing game which you use the WiiFit (on your butt) with.

- Mario Party. Any will do. We have MP4 and I think MP7 for the gamecube, and then MP8 for the Wii.

- WiiMusic. A little different...not so much a game, but a very good experience for the younger ones. Playing four people together works great. May need an older player to play through some of the single player areas to unlock instruments.

- LegoWhatever. My boy has all the Star Wars Lego games. All cool. Still plays 'em for hours.

We got Super Mario Brothers Wii yesterday and have played it all day today...probably not great for a 4 year old. Also got Mario and Sonic - Winter Olympics, but have yet to break the shrink wrap.

Snarlin

Comment

Boom Blocks

Mario Kart
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

My son (3) likes cars, so his favorite games are Mario kart and need for speed nitro.

Need for speed has control help and also looks nice.
            Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Tons of good suggestions. I ended up having to go out and pick up a couple games before I got any replies and I got Animal Crossing and Rabbids go Home. He absolutely loves Rabbids and doesn't seem to care at all about the other.

I'll keep an eye out for these recommendations though! I'm sure they'll come in handy.

Comment

Dude! new super Mario bros
                "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

A word on getting games for the Wii, lots of used games are for sale for reasonable prices post-Christmas on Craigslist.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Head to EB Games/Gamestop. You can pick up pre-owned titles on the cheap and can return them for full credit within 10 days or something. It's a great way to try out games but not keep 'em if you don't like 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                      A word on getting games for the Wii, lots of used games are for sale for reasonable prices post-Christmas on Craigslist.
                      I've never actually bought anything through Craigslist. Last time I looked there wasn't much in there for Rhode Island with the exception of Adult Services. It's been a while though so maybe I'll go look again!

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                      Head to EB Games/Gamestop. You can pick up pre-owned titles on the cheap and can return them for full credit within 10 days or something. It's a great way to try out games but not keep 'em if you don't like 'em.
                      I'm not a big fan of Gamestop for a variety of reasons, very shady organization IMO. Although there is a Game Crazy down the road too that I could check out, their use game policies/prices are considerably better. I need to see if they have a 10 day program.

I also use GameFly, so I could use that as a method of trying out some games for him.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X