Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Xbox 360

Hi Guys,

I have been putting off getting a next gen console for years now. Well, my buddy finally made me an offer i could not refuse and so now i own one. I'm looking for recommendations for 360 gems that i may have missed. I am primarily a PC player and i am actually quite terrible in a FPS with a gamepad. modern warfare 1 and 2 came with it, in addition to halo 3 and GTA4. what do you guys recommend?
    "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Re: New to the Xbox 360

BlackOps is good fun. One game you can get for cheap would be the Rainbow Six Vegas series. Vegas 2 might be the best on the 360, unless you just like run and gun. The first one, I kind of liked the story a little better, but the second was a great playing game.

Red Dead Redemption is also an amazing game. Hours and Hours of fun to be had on that.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

In order of awesome:

1. Mass effect - start with the first one

2. Dead Space 1+2 - replaced resident evil in my book

3. Assassins Creed - 1 is good, 2 is alright, Brotherhood is best so far

4. Batman: Arkam Asylum - best Batman game ever has fluid combat and great stealth think Metal Gear Solid

5. Gears of War - have fun single player campaign listed mostly b/c is xbox exclusive

6. Bayonetta - would be 2 or 3 but this is for the Hardcore gamer only, if you love Devil May Cry this is the game for you.

XBOX live (multiplayer) - COD: Black ops is whats hot right now- meaning the majority of Xbox live is playing this title, new maps on 5/3/11. Halo Reach I believe comes in second and then Modern Warfare 2 - although its old.

Best part of my list above all the first games of these series (excluding Batman) are probably $20 or less

Comment

Check out:

Red Dead Redemption: Lasso horses and play in the wild west

Rock Band 1/2/3: Be a drum God

Limbo: Dark survival platformer, download from Xbox marketplace. You wont play anything like it this or next year.

LEGO Batman/Starwars etc: Cute and funny

Fable

Comment

I second the Fable series and Gears of War series. can't believe I forgot those.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Thanks guys. I had planned on playing bayonetta. Im a huge fan of devil may cry. Played the first gears of war on pc, it was ok. Looking forward to the sequel. I already have batman and dead space on pc, but juts could not get into it. Perhaps I will try them again. Thanks again for the recomendations.

Comment

bayonetta is kick ass, take it with a grain of Jap pervy salt though :), despite that it may be the best brawler game (DMC, God of War, etc) i ever played. Controls are on point, swift and almost infinite combos. Your right trigger finger is going to hurt ;) I played it through like 3 or more times (whatever it takes to get all weapons) ONE thing though, although beating it on a higher difficulty level will net you the pillow talk (light saber/gundam sword), play on normal first - get as many in game weapons you can - then play on higher difficulty level. I play all games on hard and you have to start on normal.

Comment

Some I've liked so far, in addition to what's been said. A lot of these are also on PC, but I find them to be great on the big-screen with surround sound sitting on my couch -

- Just Cause 2 - Awesome grapple/parachute mechanic. Once you get proficient with it, you can zip around the huge open world map blowing the hell out of everything, jumping from vehicle to vehicle. It's nuts, lots of fun, and has a generous auto-aim function. This is also on PC, but I find it to be a great sit-on-the-couch-with-a-beer-and-relax game.

- Burnout Paradise - I'm not sure what makes this so good... it's just a really fun and satisfying arcade racer.

- If you want a serious racer, Forza 3 is great. I'd also recommend NFS: Shift (or Shift 2 Unleashed), which matches the feeling of driving fast like no other racing game I've ever played. Dirt 2 also really nails the in-car driving experience in a rally driving game.

- Skate 3 - Sort of like the old Tony Hawk games, but with a much more sophisticated control scheme and real-ish physics. Fun and satisfying, and the controls are surprisingly intuitive. You do flip tricks by flicking the right stick, and do grabs with the trigger buttons. Lots of fun, huge world to explore.

- The Saboteur - Another open-worlder I enjoyed a lot. It's set in pre-WWII Paris, and it's a semi-stealth game where you go around blowing the hell out of Nazi buildings and equipment. The aesthetic and story are pretty neat, too.

- Alan Wake - I own it but have only played the first chapter so far. Very atmospheric horror game that got some good critical reviews. I can't say whether it's great or not, but it seems pretty promising. Bad Company 2 has its hooks back into me right now, as does a few games on PS3 I'm playing, but I'll get back to it eventually.

Have fun, getting a console really changed my gaming habits a lot. I was a purely PC guy and now I get most of my gaming on my PS3 and 360.
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                  - Alan Wake - I own it but have only played the first chapter so far. Very atmospheric horror game that got some good critical reviews. I can't say whether it's great or not, but it seems pretty promising.
                  Great game, done very well. Story is good, but I personally found it difficult to finish(actually stopped) because the story. It's a great story, but I can began to hate the main character for being such a douche that I wanted him to die instead of survive which is counter productive in a survival game. One day I want to finish it and see the end of hte story.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

can't forget Fallout 3 or New Vegas, and definitely cannot forget the ElderScrolls series.

one of my favorite flight games is Ace Combat 6 which is cheap and pretty to look at, plus it has an epic sound track.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Im holding off of fallout new vegas untill they release a goty edition with all the dlc. Just too much of a pain to pay through the nose as it comes out. Alan wake will be on my list of game to play.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X