Battlefield 3: The Beta and Beyond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3: The Beta and Beyond

The BF3 open beta drops on the 29th (the 27th if you bought the limited edition of Medal of Honor).

Check out the official beta site for further elaboration.

Let's use this thread as a starting point for meeting up, scheduling game times and discussing BF3 for xbox.

My gamertag is "Charity Case" and I'm pumped to get my game on with some fellow TGers :D. It's been too long.

Re: Battlefield 3: The Beta and Beyond

I preordered for PC but do not think I will have my new rig built in time, so was thinking about switching to 360. I will be playing the 360 beta though, so if you see a freind request from ( enahsnostab ) thats me :) any1 else here feel free to freind me, just let me know that you are TG or I might not except. I have been warming up with BC2 on 360 also and could use some like minded players to run with.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      I preordered for PC but do not think I will have my new rig built in time, so was thinking about switching to 360. I will be playing the 360 beta though, so if you see a freind request from ( enahsnostab ) thats me :) any1 else here feel free to freind me, just let me know that you are TG or I might not except. I have been warming up with BC2 on 360 also and could use some like minded players to run with.
      Hey all i pc game here at tg. However my son and 3 of his buddues have all boycotted mw3 and now are playing bc2 and soon to be bf3. My question is they are all 16 yr olds, are u willing to game with them? If so they would love the opportunity

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Shane, I've sent you a friend request. It would be cool if we could round up the TG 360 crowd for some sort of meet and greet in BC2 or once the beta starts.

Ven, I'm happy to game with people of any age, as long as they're friendly and enjoy teamwork. I used to be very active in the TG Project Reality community, where I met and enjoyed playing with plenty of teen gamers. You can give them my tag or vice versa.

I'll be on BC2 in a couple of hours and I'm also available tomorrow. Past that, I doubt I'll be on again until the beta starts on the 29th.

Comment

thanks charity...I will have him add you
          his tag is PeazfulAssazin....or something like that?
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

According to these leaked screenshots, it looks like Battlelog will have built-in clan support called "platoons." Also, the Battlelog friends list will be cross-platform, allowing communication between the PC and 360 communities (maybe?). So, assuming the 360 build of Battlelog is similar to the PC version, we can create a TG platoon for 360 and folks can join that instead of swapping gamertags. If Battlelog is included in the 360 beta, we should probably use it to coordinate instead of the xbox friends list.

Here are the screenshots showing platoon info:

Comment

I will be playing on both 360 and pc, I still have my copy of MOH (360 ) so I will hopefully be hitting the beta on the 27th.
              If you send me a add make sure you say ur from TG.
              We used to have a TG friends account on the 360 ? I dont remember who ran it, but that was a good way to do things in the past.
              I do hope that the Battlelog has a better way to do things though.

Desode
              Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

I'll join you guys after I get it on Thursday, but I may not be on gaming til this weekend. Can't wait.
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post

I'll be on BC2 in a couple of hours and I'm also available tomorrow. Past that, I doubt I'll be on again until the beta starts on the 29th.
                  Sounds good, waiting :) do you guys wear TG tags ?

Comment

I would be curious to hear from the 360 side what type of voip support is built into the game. Looking to compare to pc and potentially clarify what platform past statements may have been referring to.
                    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Well, the 360 servers are all screwed up right now. I'm keeping an eye on the twitter feed in battlelog and will post here if the servers come back up.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Sounds good, waiting :) do you guys wear TG tags ?
                      I don't think we'll be able to apply tags until the 360 version is fully integrated with battlelog. I experimented with setting up a platoon today. Once I get back in-game I'll see if the platoon tag works. If you want to join, search for "Tactical Gamer 360." But, during the beta, I think our best bet for gaming together is using gamertags.

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                      I would be curious to hear from the 360 side what type of voip support is built into the game. Looking to compare to pc and potentially clarify what platform past statements may have been referring to.
                      I've only played a little bit, but I think the VOIP defaults to team-wide. I'm pretty sure I was talking with a guy who wasn't in my squad. The way it worked in BC2 was that you had VOIP within your squad and if you weren't in a squad you had VOIP with the other squadless players. My friend read in Game Informer that there will be a way to communicate with other team members or squad leaders. So that makes me think that there will be inter-squad VOIP and then a button for team-wide VOIP. In many cases, people just use the xbox party chat VOIP because it's better quality.

Comment

So, the servers are working now. I was also able to join a friends game, something I had trouble with last night. We should try and get a squad going sometime. I'll be on later tonight and will be around the rest of the weekend if people want to game at a certain time.

Comment

My tag is "Cid TG"

I've been loving the beta so far but some TG squads would take it to another level I'm sure.

Comment

Game invites and joining as a squad don't seem to work correctly in the beta. So squadding up is a headache, but still doable. Evo and I were able to get in the same game by creating a squad in the menus, joining matchmaking, and hoping that all went well. Sometimes one of us would load in while the other stayed in the game menus. Other times we would both load in but one of us would get stuck on the loading screen or get a black screen after loading. Even if we both made it into the game, we weren't on the same team half the time. We discovered you can switch team, but only by suiciding, and then only when the teams are balanced. If one of us did have to switch, there was the issue of getting in the same squad, which is tricky since there are no squad management tools.

Still, sometimes everything would go well and we would both load in on the same team and squad.

I imagine that getting a group of three into the same game would add another level of insane complexity. So we might be limited to pairing up for the duration of the beta. The alternative is all joining the same party chat and playing individual games.

Fortunately, one of the devs indicated that joining as squads would work in the final game.

Comment

Do'h, I should have read this thread again before I created a platoon. Just created Tactical Gamer Xbox 360 and spent a bunch of time on the platoon image.
                              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X