GTA Online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA Online

I figured I'd post up here just in case there are people who dont check the General Discussion forum. GTA Online launches tomorrow (as of the time of this post) and TG does, in fact, have a crew on the xbox version. To join up, head over here:
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/tg_crew

Re: GTA Online

TG actually has an OFFICIAL crew that should cover all incarnations of GTAV.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/tg_syndicate
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Too bad we cant get to it because everything rockstar makes is borked right now :D

Comment

and my contribution for the day:

Comment

Well after the first day of GTA online, there are about 2 million angry players, a currently shoddy and buggy service, needs to be worked on quite a bit. Why did they not wait for a small while if they said they couldnt handle the amount of players they would face, it causes problems sadly, all respect to rockstar but online release date was a complete and utter flop, I woke up and tried it, now i'm going to bed and its still down
          sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

I played several hours without issue today. I guess I'm one of the lucky few.

Comment

i guess you are ferris, i've tried everything and nothing seems to be working.

Re installed the update - nothing

created new characters - nothing

Tried playing solo mode - nothing

i'm not angry, just a bit disappointed. I hoped rockstar would have really thought about the launch day load and tried to prevent as much of this as possible. But oh well. what can you do but wait for them to fix it

Comment

Got in to GTA Online... Crashed/Softlocked on first race...

Got in again... Crashed on the next forced mission

Got in a 3rd time... Had someone come up and shoot me as soon as i spawned

Its a thing I really wanted to play but in its current state it is rather unplayable
                sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  TG actually has an OFFICIAL crew that should cover all incarnations of GTAV.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/tg_syndicate
                  Why you wait until after I get the other crew up to post this???? You're killing me smalls

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I didn't see it until it was too late.

Now we just need to GTA online features to actually work.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                      I didn't see it until it was too late.

Now we just need to GTA online features to actually work.
                      Which features? Everything is working pretty solid for me with the exception of the things rockstar has disabled (and I have no interest in, like cash packs). The big bottleneck seems to be centered around the first race/loadup. Took me several hours to get through that, but since then, it's been 3ish days of smooth sailing every time I jump on.

Here's a few tips for people getting into it (feel free to repost this in the ps3 forum as well):
                      1. Farm missions. It's a very easy way to gain RP at the rate of 1000 or so per run. Find a mission thats nice and short and farm for a bit.
                      2. Buy a garage ASAP. The cheap garages cost somewhere right around $30k. When you have a garage, you get a mechanic who will fix your cars automatically and deliver them to you on a phone call. Costs a whopping $50/day.
                      3. When you move beyond your first vehicle, GET INSURANCE. That way, if your car gets blown up, sunk, destroyed or mangled beyond repair, you get a brand new one.
                      4. When you get a garage, if you're a social club member (which everyone should be), you get a FREE Elegy RG8 or whatever it's called. Go to the browser on your phone and pick it up. Comes with a tracker and insurance on it from the get-go.
                      5. When you hit level 15, Gerald will eventually offer you a mission called "Violent Duct". TAKE IT and FARM IT. The mission takes 2-3 minutes per run, nets you 1000RP and $9000 per run. You can seriously grind it out for an hour or so and be able to buy one of the $400k apartments with the 10 car garage. I'm sure there are much more profitable missions later on, but this is a fantastic starting point to rack up some cash and start building out your cars.
                      6. I noticed crazi was upset about getting grief-shot. Welp, it's GTA, thats gonna happen. Luckily, the did build in "passive mode" which you can toggle through the start menu for $100. Super cheap and nobody can shoot you until you turn it off. You cant shoot anyone else either though (unless you're in a mission). You can, however, still be run over by cars.
                      7. Most importantly, BANK YOUR CASH. Any money you have on you can and will get dropped when you die for your assailants to pick up. The game will tell you to visit an ATM to bank your money. Dont buy into that noise. You can deposit your cash straight from your cell phone (browser>bank>deposit). There is zero reason to have money on you that I've seen. When you buy guns/ammo/property/cars/etc it will take the money straight from the bank regardless.
                      8. When you do missions, set the difficulty to hard. Gives you 50% more RP.

Thats about all I've got for now.

Comment

It's the first race I'm having issues with. I've actually completed it 3 times, but my own character never seems to properly save so the next time I fire up GTA online I have to do it all over again.

I'm going to try a forced reinstallation of the patch as recommended by Rockstar and see if that helps.

Comment

What I don't get is why the issues seem random. I have yet to have any real problems. Every so often it takes me a few tries to get on but after that it's solid.

As for the missions, Ferris I farmed the hell out of that mission and bought the 400k apartment. You should come see it some time ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Disregard the farming missions thing...rockstar patched it. :/

Comment

no you can still farm, just make sure everyone press RT when it asks to continue, that will restart the mission. The only down side is that you cant buy more ammo or armor. so make sure you stock up on ammo the first time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X