Next Gen Console Warning...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Console Warning...

Not that TG is much into console gaming but...

The following information may be totally false, untrue, and/or greatly exagitated.

Those who know me know I worked for SimHQ for a number of years, at first as the land and armor combat editor, then later as the console editor. During that time I went to 2 E3 conventions in LA, during that time I met with a lot of gaming insiders and other, more prominent writers/editors. I still have many of those contacts and still chat and e-mail with most. And I've been doing a lot of instant messaging this past week. With people on the inside development of some next gen games, and writers who have working next gen consoles for testing and reviewing, along with testers for next gen games. Now no one can just come out and say, under user agreements, but most have expressed to me their displeasure in both next gen consoles. Some saying they lock up, crash, and one even said it overheated. Most are in a unofficial agreement that both next gen consoles and games are not ready. Most be leave both consoles are being rushed for the X-mas sales, kinda like the ObamaCare web site, lol...

Please be warned. I'm not telling you not to buy one or both, just advising that maybe, just maybe... You might want to wait on next gen. I've decided to and cancelled both pre-orders, I'll watch and learn and revisit next gen after tax day or so.

JMO

WARNING, all this info is based on my opinion, based on info gathered, my opinion only, and may be completely wrong... I hope it is, really.

Thxs
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Next Gen Console Warning...

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the info.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Thanks, this is good to heat... I mean hear... Plus, money is not something where I would be willing to mess around...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

As much as am interested in the 'next gen' I am mostly interested in Valve's foray coming soon. I can wait until they figure it all out.

Comment

Meh, I'll take my chances. If it overheats, that's what the 1 year warranty is for, right? ;)
          HaX^

Comment

I'm taking my chances as well. During E3 the final kit wasn't completed for the PS4 so developers were using entirely different hardware. IE: The hardware being sold tonight isn't the same as the hardware used during E3...

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

As a heads up, Apophis and Co. there is an article by IGN that comments on how there have been technical difficulties for the PS4.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yeah. I saw that. A couple issues with pre-release models but very low overall failure rates. From my perspective; nothing terribly abnormal.

Its got a warranty, so if something happens I'll get it replaced.

Comment

Ya, even if it turns out to be like the red ring, warranty coverage exists for the stuff for a really good reason.

Comment

I cancelled my Day 1 edition, but I will be reading all your comments and opinions, so please do share... I mostly want to know... what games your playing? Whats the resolution, 720p or 1080p, if 1080p is just upscaled? whats the refresh rate, 30? 60? and basically how does the game(s) play? pop ups? fuzzyness? smoothness of the gameplay? does it just work.

Then will probably upgrade before X-mas, if no major problems.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                      I cancelled my Day 1 edition, but I will be reading all your comments and opinions, so please do share... I mostly want to know... what games your playing? Whats the resolution, 720p or 1080p, if 1080p is just upscaled? whats the refresh rate, 30? 60? and basically how does the game(s) play? pop ups? fuzzyness? smoothness of the gameplay? does it just work.

Then will probably upgrade before X-mas, if no major problems.
                      I've only played one game so far, but here's what I've found;

No issues with the console at all. Working perfectly and VERY quiet compared to my launch edition PS3. I've only played Knack, but it's running at 1080p native @60FPS. The game is fluid, smooth, no issues at all. I also set up the live streaming for Twitch.TV and played around with that. Even when you're streaming, the game runs perfectly although it runs in a slight "windowed" mode so you can see the chat coming through from people watching on Twitch.

So far.. I'm VERY VERY happy...

Comment

I know you have the PS4... I'm still leaning towards the Xbox One... but what I always hated about the PS3 was it's controller, love the 360 controller thou... hoes the controller on the PS4 now?
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                          I know you have the PS4... I'm still leaning towards the Xbox One... but what I always hated about the PS3 was it's controller, love the 360 controller thou... hoes the controller on the PS4 now?
                          It's a bit wider, triggers feel a LOT better. It does feel strange moving between 360 and PS3 controllers, but I never really had a personal preference one way or the other. I'll likely end up picking up an Xbox One for my son for Christmas, but I really like both consoles as they both have strengths/weaknesses. It'd be cheaper if I could just have a "favorite" and spend less $$$. :)

Comment

reports are coming in that the one is chewing the game disks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X