1 lap race in FM5 on a Xbox One...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 lap race in FM5 on a Xbox One...

One thing I do like about the Xbox One is the ability to record up to the last 5 mins of a game, thou only at 720p... that's good for a lap showcase or something, but not long enough for a full race broadcast. (Twitch is for that.)

Anyway, Forza Motorsports 5 is a pretty awesome racing game, thou no support for my wheel makes me use a game pad, the tracks and cars are much fewer then before, but a few of my favorites are there, and the AI continues to be idiots, not holding a line, squeezing you off, and sometimes braking for no reason, even on a strait away once in a while... but it's still fun for what it is, lets hope Project Cars does a better job.

Here's a lap race at one of my favorite tracks, Road America with one of my favorite cars, the Corvette. (I was born and raised a Ford Mustang fan, but since getting into ISMA SportsCar racing, I've become a #4 Corvette Racing fan, and want one of my own... which will never happen. ;)

Their are 5 difficulty settings in FM4 this is number 4, 5 requires clutch work and sucks on a gamepad, the AI is above Average... normally I always win, once in a while usually due to damage I lose, in this case you can see I took damage and the car was pulling to the right the last half of the race... so it was not a good race, but shows you the game quickly, the good and bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvJq...6f_50BEvbgI2kw

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 1 lap race in FM5 on a Xbox One...

Road Atlanta, 1st lap of a 3 lap race, replay view... I took 1st at the end of the first lap and never looked back. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ggyTN3I-Hs

so if anyone at TG plays FM5 on Xbox One, look me up, Magnum9846.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Mmm, I liked it. What assists do you use and what drivatar difficulty? I played around with everything and found a perfect challenge with expert drivers and all assists off except for brake lines and normal steering. clutch was a pain until I learned you can switch your handbrake and clutch keys around so clutch is A and handbrake is LB

Comment

Normal steering, and auto instead of manual... Since my Fanatec wheel and pedal system don't work with the ONE.

I can play manual w/o clutch, just choose to enjoy the game. Above average avatar drivers but I need to bump that up, always win.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

The Drivatars are actually quite good if you pay attention, and know your opponents. A lot of people drive really aggressively, to the point where they'll go out of their way to smash into people. The "cloud" captures this aggressive behavior and try to emulate it. Its random because it can't pick up on the reasoning, but it picks up on the types of drivers these people often go for: other aggressive drivers.

Actually, I think the biggest problem with that is nobody knows how to tune a car to corner well. I've noticed a lot of tunes are made for maximum acceleration, where tyres are purchased for traction, leaving for a lot of heavy foots and clumsy driving. Thus, you have the Drivatars acting like unbalanced bowling balls.

I say this because I've noticed two things; I always get overrun on straights with similar cars, but I'm the only one accelerating and dominating around corners. That and the aggressive, caveman Drivatars only seem to get really aggressive with each other. You drive around them defensively, they often ignore you completely.

Great videos though Magnum, you can handle that speed well. I'm still farting around in B class.
          -

Comment

I have the same thing with the drivatars I race. They will always catch me on the straight-aways but once a turn hits they slow down horribly, like they brake way too early. Even on higher difficulties. And I have a strong love/hate relationship with the drivatar ramming. I laughed and felt bad when I was doing a multi-class race and seen a little mini-cooper get hit so hard it flew into the slow sand. It also seems like simulation damage only affects you and not the other cars.

Do you have people on your friend's list that when you see them in your race you pray you can overtake them early? I have one guy where its gotten to the point where his drivatar learned to ram other cars into me and not just his.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X