XBOX 360 vs PS3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX 360 vs PS3

Just wondered what people thought was better the Xbox 360 or the PS3. personally i think PS3 is rubbish compared to the 360.

Re: XBOX 360 vs PS3

How can the PS3 be rubbish when they haven't even made one yet. They still don't know what disc's they are using yet, from what I have read. So why is it rubbish? Ill wait till I see both of them in person before I judge it.

Comment

I'm for PS3. Xbox 360 looks like a relatively small upgrade from Xbox and had no good launch titles. There are no system sellers like Halo in that linup. Perfect Dark Zero is going to be a faliure and a horrible game, no matter how good the first was. The only thing MS has on Sony is Xbox live. PS3 has superior tech on it's side, not to mention it will probably sell units as a blu-ray player alone(it is confirmed that it will use Blu-ray, Turbo) just like the PS2 did for DVD's in Japan. But i don't actually care that much either way. Revolution FTW baby :D.

---

Comment

The ultimate Facts:360 vs PS3 (IM an xbox fan)
        The 360 is going to be one powerful machine, down to every last leaf. But this POWER lies in the games physics, which have to be technically manipulated, and most game company's either to not want to spend the dough to keep up with the physics or it gets to complicated for the smaller companeys.
        The PS3 is going to look better, but will the physics be as good, NO.
        Bottom line
        ________
        The 360 will have more physics to make games more lifelike. The PS3 will be better graphics, less physics.
        The PS3 might be the better deal, because physics become difficult to program, and it will be a good year before you see some serious **** on the 360. PS3 will look mad from the start, but water effects wont splash as well, and whole buildings wont crumble with a car plowing through, like on the 360.

So what do you want?
        A game where you can literally nade a house and blow it up (ull have to wait a year for this)
        Or a game that each player has their own photo quality face and everything is photo-quality, but the a fricken nade will just leave a textured explosion mark on the wall?
        YOU DECIDE!

Comment

Why would the PS3 have less physics then the 360? I am asking because I don't understand why. The one thing I remember from the PS3 video is a gas station blowing up, that looked like it had pretty good physics.

Comment

in my opinion its going to come down to the Live aspect of it....online play....and since xBox already has the better online game play its going to be interesting to see whos is better now with the new systems

and since Xbox 360 is not backwards compatable unless you download an emulator and get the HD thats also going to be a factor
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

i think ps3 might have the better hardware im not to sure about it tho. im lookin forward to the rev .......looks promising

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
              Delta MICS
              Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
                The ultimate Facts:360 vs PS3 (IM an xbox fan)
                The 360 is going to be one powerful machine, down to every last leaf. But this POWER lies in the games physics, which have to be technically manipulated, and most game company's either to not want to spend the dough to keep up with the physics or it gets to complicated for the smaller companeys.
                The PS3 is going to look better, but will the physics be as good, NO.
                I actually heard the exact opposite. That the 360 was going to be all show and fluff but LACKED the ability to process physics as well as complex AI whereas the PS3 excelled in those capabilities (from a technical standpoint).

With that conflicting info, I need to figure out what the truth is.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

You guys need to figure all this stuff out for me. I think my kid is going to be asking for a console when these things get released and start really being marketed.

And I have no idea what to get him. If it were an option, he'd get an Atari 2600...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    You guys need to figure all this stuff out for me. I think my kid is going to be asking for a console when these things get released and start really being marketed.

And I have no idea what to get him. If it were an option, he'd get an Atari 2600...
                    When I was young, we got an Atari 2600 the year it was released. That very Christmas season when it went on the market. I think it cost around $400 for the console with two joysticks, two paddles, Breakout and Combat.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-2600-4-PAD...QQcmdZViewItem

there you go....with games and all
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

The 360 has more processing power then the PS3 but the PS3 has a better video card.
                        Now that is the final facts
                        What do you want a better vid or a better processor.

Comment

The PS3 is using the cell processor which should be an incredibly powerful SIMD machine. I agree it will take some time for either architecture to have a powerful, optimized physics library but when that does happen the cell processor should have the advantage because physics calculations are not all that different from graphics calculations: lots of linear algebra where SIMD will net performance wins. The Xbox architecture will probably require less work to get to that powerful, optimized physics library and will therefore probably get there beofre the PS3.

The xbox architecture looks to be the faster at general purpose computing so when you say "The 360 has more processing power then the PS3 but the PS3 has a better video card" that's more or less the idea but when it comes to physics calculations the PS3's cell as the potential to be much faster.

As for which has a better GPU, one is using ATi and the other is using nVidia. I forget which is which but I think we can assume they will be at least comparable in graphics performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
                            The 360 has more processing power then the PS3 but the PS3 has a better video card.
                            Now that is the final facts
                            What do you want a better vid or a better processor.
                            That seems to be more subjective opinion than "the final facts". I would love to actually see some facts regarding the processors, what makes one more powerful than the other, and the specs on the video. That would be a contribution of actual fact.

Comment

Here is the simple solution, look at both consoles expected game lineup, show them to your child. Whichever games garner the most/best reponse get that system.

I don't beleive anything hardware wise that Sony/MS puts out, remember the Sony and "Emotion" ( I think that was the name) that could render Toy Story in real time, last I heard Sony was dealing out the same thing by showing off prerendered footage.

I to am looking to the revolution, especially if the older Nes/SNES games are cheap for it ;)

Az

Go for the games, not the console.
                              [age-c1][command]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse