My opinion of OFP elite...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion of OFP elite...

Well I swore that I would NEVER play a FPS or a Tactical shooter on my Xbox... I lied.

I have had an Xbox since it's release... and have only own maybe 5 games... 2 sport games, 2 arcade driving games... and Tony Hawk for the kids... for the Xbox.

I picked up Ghost Recon 2 when I learned the PC version wasn't coming... but after an hour of play, hated it and traded it in for a PC game, lol...

So now I bought OFP Elite... Why? I don't know... I still have and play OFP on my PC, and will definitely buy Armed Assault (OFP 1.5) and OFP2... when released...

But I heard the graphics were better, and they have tweaked the game for the Xbox version...so I picked it up anyway, just had to give it a try.

Understand right NOW, I am a PC gamer... I hate the controls for a console except for sport and arcade driving games... but I was going to get past it.

I booted up and discovered that OFP E doesn't support HDTV (I have a 50 inch Samsung DLP HD TV), it does have "Dolby digital" but NOT 5.1... so minus there already.

It does have multiplayer and content download...but I don't have that set up on my xbox... my xbox is just for single player fun in HIGH DEF and DD5.1 games....

You start the game, you have the typical create your profile where you can select name, face, sound, control set up etc ect...

Then you can play the campaign, which I've done for the PC so NOT doing it for OFP E...

then you have the single missions, system link (more then one xbox connected),and Xbox live...

so really I only bought the game for the single player missions...

Single Player Missions:
    you have "My Missions" where your downloaded or your user made missions are... don't plan on doing that either, easier on the PC.

then you have Instant Action, steal the car, ground attack, and clean sweep...

so only 3 single player missions, all the others need to be unlock, I assume by doing the campaign...

Instant Action...
    you get 5 missions in IA:
    Airport Raid (with a chopper)
    Convoy (on foot alone)
    Kill them all (on foot, alone)
    Race (a simple drive a race car mission, alone, by yourself)
    and Sniper (alone by your self)...

So needless to say, I'm disappointed there... I want more armor type missions and plane missions... but the only way to do all that stuff is by doing the campaign...I'm sure in time there will be a cheat to unlock everything.

The game plays pretty much the same way as the PC version, you get a briefing, a map, compass, watch, and move out... but the controls are ridiculously hard IMO, probably because I'm not a console gamer in the first place...

If you play console games, and can control FPS on a console then you may like OFP E... but I can't and don't... I'm already through with it after 5 mission trys and 3 hours of play testing... of course I'll keep it, hoping for cheats to unlock all the missions then maybe get my armor battles I want so bad... then trade it in for Armed Assault for the PC in a month or so.

I just can't believe that anyone would make a console game without HIGH DEF support and DD5.1... that is the future my man,and the only reason why I even own an xbox.

Unless you love your console/xbox... wait for AA. IMHO.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: My opinion of OFP elite...

Yeah I was sadden about OFP not having HDTV.. but alot of xbox games wont be having it till Next Jan, which I really think Xbox should of came out, majority of releases are jan...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X