No announcement yet.

R6:Vegas MP demo out on marketplace...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6:Vegas MP demo out on marketplace...

Well if you read my opinions about gears of War, your probably not really happy with me... but one thing gears of war showed me is that I can get better with a shooter on a console, but the tactics and teamwork need to be slowed down some compared to Gears of War, so Rainbow Six: Vegas has a multiplayer demo on Marketplace right now, downloading now... going to try and learn to play a shooter on a console, so if you see me (Magnum9846) be nice... ya right. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: R6:Vegas MP demo out on marketplace...

Well that was different...

Like I said before, I'm new to shooters on consoles...

first game or two (co-op terrorist hunt) the kids were yelling at me to move, get out of the way etc ect... while they ran the map like counterstrike, lol...

Was just about to exit, tried one more game...

Terrorist hunt again, was with another kid but he took me in and slowed down for me, showed me the ropes, we had a blast...

I explained I was new to shooters on a console, normally a PC gamer... he asks "Oh, so you've played CounterStrike?"

"Why yes I have, but I prefer more tactical games like AA, GR, and OFP."

"Oh, never played those before, just CounterStrike".

Of course I thought... the console generation. lol

But it was fun, and can't wait for any TG members to play the demo with me... look me up.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

On My way
      sigpic

Comment

I was having a blast with it last night. I'll play again to. I wish it supported a few more players though. Graphically its not as good as Gears of War, even sporting the same engine, not sure why that is. I may end up picking this up on release, and I need the vision camera so I can put my mug in the game. Customization is pretty top notch even in the demo so far. Lots of options to choose from.

Comment

Geeeez.. I thought I'd be playing by now.. real life is such a...

Anyhow, if you are ever looking for me - Gamertag - P8riotOne
          sigpic

Comment

Just read this quote from the IGN review of R6: Vegas:

You can also play cooperatively online with up to four players, which is among the most enjoyable co-op experiences out there. Imagine coordinating over your headset with three friends. Who is going to rappel through the north window? Who's going through the main entrance? Who's throwing the flashbang? And when it's all said and done, you countdown "Three, two, one," and go. Awesome.

The co-op sounds right up TG's alley. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/745/745678p1.html

Comment

I'm picking it up this Sunday!...if there's any copies left at Bestbuy.

Comment

Yep, I traded in Oblivion finally last night, and Test Drive Unlimited to get this. This game is rockin' man, coop is great. I've only ranked up to private first class so far. I already stuck my face on my character to. I just love seeing myself get shot, its almost to real!

Comment

I am also really leaning to buy this game, for when I am away from GOW. Who else who has the retail version of this game has a opinion? I have heard really good things about the gameplay, but I have also heard from the detractors.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Just picked it up and will be online later today.

Comment

Its a pretty solid game, got rated 9.1 from Gamespot. All the gamemodes are pretty nice. I think its got 10 maps total so far.

Comment

I had a great time playing co-op terrorist hunt last night. I worked with three other gents on realistic mode. The bad guys are damn tough and seem to use tactics against you. They even use frags, flashbangs and smoke to stop you. We had a tough time but dang it was fun communicating though voice trying to get all the bad guys.

The only bad thing was I'm so use to the Gears of Wars controls, I had to unlearn them for R6:Vegas, since the setup is different. Instead of reloading I kept turning on my night vision goggles. :)

Comment

I was gone for the Thanksgiving break, but I'm sneaking off to Bestbuy this afternoon now that I'm back. I've added all of you to my list that sent me a request while I was gone. Hopefully we can all hook up for some Rainbow bright sessions tonight! Go easy on this newbie until I figure out the controls as well.

Comment

I'd play more tonight, but have to work tomorrow, and ended up playing some call of duty 3 before I goto bed. Tomorrow night though, I'll be playing more.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X