No announcement yet.

Turtle Beach Wireless Headphones for X360

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Beach Wireless Headphones for X360

I picked up a Turtle Beach wireless headset for the X360 last night at BestBuy for $100 and I thought I’d post a few comments. You can easily find more detailed reviews online and would suggest you do what I didn’t do and read more than one review before purchasing this headset. Let me start with the positive aspects of this product:
    -The Turtle Beach headsets allow you to hear both in-game sounds and XLive Chat on your earphones. Official X360 headsets let’s you hear chat but no in-game sound.
    -Turtle Beach also has a wired headset that is about $50 cheaper, but if you have wireless controllers, the wireless headset is the best alternative since a wired headset would negate the benefits of a wireless controller. The wired headset is reportedly better in terms of sound quality.
    -As expected the headset is comfortable and sound quality is good as far as I could tell.
    -The wireless Turtle Beach headset can be used for other devices besides the X360. It’s handy if you want to hear sounds wirelessly while you watch a movie through your DVD player, VCR, or listen to music from your stereo when it’s supposed to be quite time in your home or neighborhood.

Negative comments:
    -The wireless headset is powered by 2 AAA batteries and doesn’t include a battery charger. (est. life of the battery is 40 hours)
    -The volume control is on your ear cup and isn’t easy to adjust while you have it on. I almost blew my ear drum by barely adjusting the small volume wheel to a higher volume. I knew I was in trouble when the instructions suggested that I adjust the in-game volume controls instead of the headset volume control.
    -Expensive at a little over $100 each.

Overall, I’m excited that I could play X360 as loud as I want without having to hear my wife complain about the X360 being too loud late at night. I like the fact that it’s wireless and can’t honestly say that I noticed any difference in sound quality. What I didn’t like was the price, the volume control function, and the battery issue. Hope this is helpful to anyone that was contemplating something like this.

Re: Turtle Beach Wireless Headphones for X360

if want info about headphones i would go here or here
    they say stay away from 5.1 urround headphones and just get a good stereo like the a500/a900 or BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO(80ohms) alot of the pro use the sens 555hd and 600s idk why tho.. the bass blows on them

Вопрос не то, кто собирается позволять мне; это - кто собирается останавливать меня.

I have these headphones, and for me they have been a godsend. Like you I had to keep it turned down at night. For me on account of the kids. With these I can crank it right up, and to be honest, I am hearing tons of in-game sound I have never heard before. My gripes are the same as yours. It is difficult to find a balance between in-game sound, and voice, but that's OK. The battery life is fact I have yet to replace the batteries, and I have been using them a ton...well not lately on account of my 360 repair job which has been drraaagggiinnnggg on.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

My brother has been using these, and they sound great, not wireless though.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed