Racing Wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Wheels

Anyone have a good review or know where one is on either the Logitech or MS Wheel? Preferably something that compares the two. With Forza 2 coming out and $150 in BestBuy gift cards, I'm looking to get one and was wondering which was the better value. I'm inclined to go with the MS wheel but the price is high enough to make me at least see if the Logitech wheel is a close alternative.

Does anyone know if the Logitech wheel has true ForceFeedback or does it just have rumble? Their spec sheet doesn't explicitly say FF so I'm assuming it is just some form of rumble making you think it has force feedback.

On the other hand I've read the MS wheel has sensitivity issues. Some report no response from the wheel in the 20 deg range. I can't imagine this kind of slack in a controller at this price so I'm hoping this is user error in not knowing how to properly calibrate.

I'm also wondering if PGR3 that ships with the MS wheel is worth getting in addition to Forza 2. I think their original plan was to bundle Forza with the wheel so I would imagine they will eventually bundle them. Has anyone heard anything about this?
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Re: Racing Wheels

If you're looking for a wheel for the 360, the MS Racing wheel is really the best option. Especially if you're looking to use it with Forza 2...the game and the wheel were designed with both teams working closely together.

I'd suggest getting the PGR3 bundle; that way you'll end up with both games. PGR3 is a slightly different experience because of is Kudos system and need for drift-style driving at times. I haven't heard of a Forza/MS wheel bundle but it's really a no-brainer they'll do it. Availability might be scarce if you wait for Forza2 to hit the shelves though - lots of people (me included) are waiting for it.

I have the MS wheel and PGR3 which came with it. It's really an awesome experience. I have had no problems with deadzone in the wheel, I've felt it was really responsive.

Comment

I happened upon this article written by a member of the Forza team (Turn 10) talking about what they have done with the MS wheel. Sounds impressive.

Yeah, I played the PGR3 demo and I liked it. I'll probably grab the PGR3 bundle, I just wanted to see if anyone had issues with the MS wheel with it as some comments I had read. Thanks for the feedback.
      flux
      [tg-c1]

Comment

As far as I know the MS racing wheel is a solid choice if your serious about it, my brother owns it. Its a steep price at 150$ a pop. I'm not interested enough myself to buy one, but I heard its good stuff.

Comment

You can often find the MS racing wheel on Craiglist or something. That's where I got mine - for $125 (cdn). Of course, there were no taxes. You might even be able to score a better deal.

Comment

Picked up the MS wheel last night and played with it for a couple hours in the Forza 2 demo. I have to say I'm impressed so far. I struggeld for the first hour trying to keep it under control until I switched to the cockpit view. That made all the difference in the world. I guess you can see subtle movements in your orientation easier in this view just like flying helicopters in the original battlefield.

My one complaint at this point is that the wheel slips on my lap as I push on it. I have nothing to mount it to so this is my only option really. They should put some kind of Knee pads that stick up as a back stop for the controller :row__642: I'm sure that look would really win the ladies over.
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

I knew it. They just lowered the price of the MS wheel for the release of Forza. Bastards.
              flux
              [tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...