Gamefly: Free Wii or 1 yr of rentals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamefly: Free Wii or 1 yr of rentals

Gamefly has a deal right now where if you sign up 5 friends you can either get a Wii or 1 yr of free rentals. Everyone just has to remain a member for 1 month with the first month being $9. Oh and you have to be a new member too.

Here is a link to sign up as my friend. I'll post again when I have 5 so the next person in line can get the deal :)
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Re: Gamefly: Free Wii or 1 yr or rentals

I'm consulting with my CPA. This looks good to me. Have you been using Gamefly for a while? How's their shipping turnaround?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Re: Gamefly: Free Wii or 1 yr of rentals

Nope, haven't used them. This doesn't work if you were previously a member. I've got a game coming to me right now. I've read good things about their service. The problem all these services have is they can't tell you with any certainty when you will get a specific game. So if you have multiple systems you can't say "give me a game for system X now and sytem Y next". Kind of annoying in my case because I may want a portable game when I go on vacation.

I used gameznflix for a while and wasn't too pleased with their turn-around. I figured for $10 I'd give gamefly a try and maybe get a free year out of the deal.
      flux
      [tg-c1]

Comment

Cool. Well, I think I'm going to sign up under you. Perhaps there will be lots of interest and I can get the next five referrals!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Sweet, I only need 2 more :row__577:
          flux
          [tg-c1]

Comment

Re: Gamefly: Free Wii or 1 yr or rentals

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            I'm consulting with my CPA. This looks good to me. Have you been using Gamefly for a while? How's their shipping turnaround?
            I used to subscribe to GameFly and found their service quite good. It usually took 2 to 3 days for them to receive your returned game and ship out the next one. So you could wind up waiting almost 5 days before you got your next game. However, the fact that you could keep it as long as you want was very appealing to my son.

The reason I am no longer using them is because after so many times, 3 I think, of having a game lost in transit, they cancel your account "until they can stabilize the distribution process". My son put the game in its mailer and sent it off but it never arrived. I physically watched him do it on several occasions including for one of the games that is missing. As a matter of fact, I still have a couple missing games and they cancelled my service well over 4 months ago.

Other than that, it is a great way to rent games.

[volun]

Comment

Hmmm, I've had one DVD lost when I had Netflix, and one now that I'm using Blockbuster, and they just reshipped the movies with no problem. I can see how three games would be a bit different, though. I'm honestly surprised that more products shipped in this manner aren't swiped. The packaging is obvious, and there are just so many opportunities in the shipping process for jerks to steal them.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Hmmm, I've had one DVD lost when I had Netflix, and one now that I'm using Blockbuster, and they just reshipped the movies with no problem. I can see how three games would be a bit different, though.
                I didn't mean to imply that Gamefly wouldn't ship another. Once you report it lost, they will send you another one.

I'm honestly surprised that more products shipped in this manner aren't swiped. The packaging is obvious, and there are just so many opportunities in the shipping process for jerks to steal them.
                I agree. I don't think I ever lost any movies in transit with NetFlix or Blockbuster. For some reason it just seems to be the games.

I subscribed to GottaPlay after Gamefly cancelled and their service was pretty decent but now I have two games that have gone missing so I did a preemptive strike and cancelled my account. Plus with GottaPlay, you have to fill out some Postal Affidavit and fax it to them plus turn it in to your local Post Office. Which reminds me, I have one to fill out.

[volun]

Comment

Hmm, that's one thing I never experienced with Gameznflix. Maybe because they aren't as well known so people don't know they should swipe them? The reason I stopped using them was because there were items at the top of my queue for the entire time I was with them (over 6 mos) that were never shipped. And I guess now they don't ship PSP games due to increased shipping costs.
                  flux
                  [tg-c1]

Comment

Got my first game already. That was pretty quick.
                    flux
                    [tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...