Internet Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Issues

Has anyone else experienced connection issues since the Spring Update? It may be coincidence but after the update my router has been flaking out on me. I have the Linksys/Vonage router with the xbox on a wired port with the rest of my computers on the wireless and now whenever I plug in the xbox my entire network starts flaking out. I never loose connection to the router from my windows machines, but pings jump waaay up and I even lose my VOIP phone too.

It is probably just the router crapping out, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else noticed any weird behavior after the spring update. Also my machine will hang such that I have to power it off occasionally now when it appears to be trying to connect to Live.

I guess I should have checked the MS forums first. Headed there now...
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Re: Internet Issues

After wading through the xbox forums I see a lot of complaints about machines freezing after the spring update as well as connection issues. I don't see any posts about losing internet on windows machines (router issues), but that could be that most peoply only have their xbox on their network.

I guess I'll post to their forums when I do a bit more research this weekend.
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Comment

Ugly network problems caused by one device are usually the work of UPnP these days. Turn it off on your router unless you need it.

Otherwise, maybe you have an IP conflict?
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Hmm, I'll try the UPnP thing when I get home. I never understood what that setting did.

I doubt it is an IP conflict since all my machines loose connection including my phone. Usually IP conflicts just effect the two devices fighting for the same address. Plus they don't drop out, just pings go through the roof.
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

I would definitely turn off UPnP on the router.

I had issues after this update as well, I kept getting disconnected from Xbox Live. I noticed that I was getting disconnected from MSN Messenger first so I decided to go into my profile and disable auto-login for MSN on the Xbox. Once I did that my connection issues went away. It almost seems as though connecting to the MSN Messenger network on my 360 caused the whole thing to start acting wonky.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Just thought I would post back and let everyone know the problem wasn't due to the spring update. Apparently vonage decided to push a firmware update to my router around the same time I updated my xbox. A quick call to their support and they pushed an older version and all is good again.
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...