HDD upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD upgrade

Going to pick up the 120GB hard drive tonight and since I just finished R6:Vegas last night and would love to save that saved game and a few others I was wondering if it is possible to keep that information.

Of course I am talking about copying the information without the aid of memory cards and other such dedicated equipment.

Of course I am thinking this is not possible and I am happy I am doing it now when the 360 is still new to me.

Thanks for any help.

Re: HDD upgrade

I believe the drive comes with a transfer kit. From what I recall you can only do this once.
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by flux View Post
      I believe the drive comes with a transfer kit. From what I recall you can only do this once.
      I think that is correct. Initially it didn't ship with the transfer kit - that made people mad. People that bought the drive or the new XBox without the kit I think were offered the option to order one from M$ for $5 or $10.
      sigpic

Comment

More info here. It would seem you can only do this once as it moves the data instead of copying it.
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

I got one myself a couple weeks ago. Its simple, and relatively quick (it took about 30 minutes, maybe less, to transfer data from my near capacity 20gig drive).

It does indeed just transfer (not copy) all of the data from one to the other, only once. This includes all media, gamesaves, and other tidbits that you had stored on the previous drive. It leaves no trace of data (that I was aware of) on the smaller drive.
          Focused

Comment

The drive I got last night came with a transfer cable. i was aware that the existed, just not aware it came with one.
            Follow the instructions and things worked just great, very simple to move information.

It's odd, in the instruction book they actually tell you to throw out the cable when you are done with it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X