Transcoding AVi to play on Xbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcoding AVi to play on Xbox

Hi guys just looking for help on converting AVI files to XBOX 360 capable.

Ideally I would like to play these files through media center as well. I am running Vista.

Re: Transcoding AVi to play on Xbox

I use a program called TVersity Media Server. It's free, and it can transcode in real time as videos play on the 360. It is honestly really good, especially for free software.

It takes a bit of time to set up and then add your files to the TVersity library, but once you do that, you can select the TVersity program from your home computer and stream the videos over your network connection.

I'm not sure of it's compatibility with Media Centre though. I used TVersity instead of Media Centre, though I'm sure there no reason the program cannot stream to a Media Centre PC also.

Comment

Does it save the transcoded fils on disk, oro just stream them.

Comment

I've used Videora's 360 converter with limited success. I'd say 90% of the video's I've converted turned out ok but occasionally it will screw up the audio synch. It's a bit buggy and takes some convincing to get to work, at least for me, but then again I'm special.

Pretty much anything to converts to any of the formats listed on this page should do. Keep in mind that you will need to rename the file to a .wmv the first time to get your xbox to download the drivers. After that it will read .mp4's or whatever you use.
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

I've used TVersity Media Server as well with mixed success.

If you have Nero 7 Premium I would recommend the Nero MediaHome server. I switched from TVersity over to MediaHome when I stumbled across it a few weeks ago. I wasn't aware I even had it.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X