Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective

On the wake of a lot of really bad press for Microsoft surrounding the Xbox 360 failure rates. Here is an interesting article I just read:

If you thought that Sony was the only console manufacturer having a really bad day, guess again. After many months of public complaints and outcries, Microsoft has publically admitted that *ALL* (as in every single one ever sold) Xbox360's have a design defect that can lead to their failure. Though Robbie Bach, head of Microsoft's Xbox360 Division refused to elaborate on the issue, the general consensus is that it's one of botched thermal design management and inadequate dissipation of heat leading to component failure.

Read full article here

So what are you going to do? I'm kind of hoping for a recall on the defective units. I enjoy playing my 360 and this kind of makes me feel like every time I go to play it I need to just wait for it to die to get the issues resolved.

I'm half tempted to force the thing to die a thermal death and get it replaced, but only after they come up with a new design that doesn't suffer the same issues.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective

How come they haven't yet stated that all copies of Windows are defective?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
      How come they haven't yet stated that all copies of Windows are defective?
      LOL!!!

That's an excellent observation. :)

Comment

While they're at it might as well throw games ever produced by microsoft in there too.

Seriously though when you look at the xbox 360 box with all that power consuming in it, you have to wonder why they didn't make it with about 5 80mm fans coming off it lol.

- -

Comment

well, when my 360 dies (if it ever does... I keep it pretty well ventilated...), I'll cry. Why? Because I love the damn machine so much, it'll be a shame to loose it for the time it takes to have it repaired (for free :D).
          -

Comment

They should have built the case out of 120mm fans.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I am sure some TGer has come up with some super cooling solution, WhiskeySix?

Comment

Haha I don't know, even with all your cooling options. Having your machine break 4 times in 3 months is absolutely ridiculous. That's a failed market solution, but at least they're admitting it.

Comment

I've already got a mod planned out for one:

^120mm fan in red plexy glass, cant wait to chop that thing up!!! (Its a friend of mines, gonna mod it for him since the warranty was already voided with a mod chip).

But it appears that its already seen the red ring of death. lol

Bill gates is #2 richest man on this planet, he needs his money!!!
                  Oyee

Comment

Well about 1 week after MS announced that they were going to extend warrenties, mine took a dump on me. The infamous "Red Ring of Death", hit my 360. I was pissed for several reasons...

1. There goes my DVD player.
                    2. No more Guitar Hero 2

I am not all that pissed though, I only used it for a DVD player. But you can bet that I will get it fixed on there nickle. I would vote that we boycott Microsoft, but I dont think I could live without it;)
                    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I love my 360. I love the arcade alot though. I'm waiting on mine to go next. It's a launch system, got it that night to. I'll power it off via the controller, but its not completely wanting to power down now. It stays running, or I still hear the fans running.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                        I love my 360. I love the arcade alot though. I'm waiting on mine to go next. It's a launch system, got it that night to. I'll power it off via the controller, but its not completely wanting to power down now. It stays running, or I still hear the fans running.
                        I really dig the 360 Arcade. I think it's probably my favorite thing about the 360. The PS3 has the whole online store where you can down demos and such, but I think the 360's arcade is a lot cleaner and certainly has more content. The content volume is to be expected though.

Is your 360 staying on to perform background downloading? That was a feature they added in one of the last updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                          I really dig the 360 Arcade. I think it's probably my favorite thing about the 360. The PS3 has the whole online store where you can down demos and such, but I think the 360's arcade is a lot cleaner and certainly has more content. The content volume is to be expected though.

Is your 360 staying on to perform background downloading? That was a feature they added in one of the last updates.
                          I was actually thinking about that after I posted. Totally forgot about that option to. I need to check and find out. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

mine stays on for about a minute or two after i shutdown. But thats mostly due to the fact that my room's ambient temperature exceeds 85-90 on a daily basis during the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
                              mine stays on for about a minute or two after i shutdown. But thats mostly due to the fact that my room's ambient temperature exceeds 85-90 on a daily basis during the summer.
                              I can attest to that :)

Hopefully, all this will be sorted out before I buy mine!
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                              - Check me out on The Onion
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed