mixed feeling for NASCAR 08...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed feeling for NASCAR 08...

I'm really loving this game so far...but quite frustrated on certain issues...

IMO this NASCAR game really represents the driving and the forces applied to the car when going around circles, and to the driver, and after driving 50 laps or so, or even 20 laps or so I can kinda get a feel on what it takes to handle one of these beast for 3 to 5 hours... it's one of the best true "feeling " car games ever...

I love it and hate it... kinda...

I started a season, all settings on high or realsitic... I'm driving as Mark Martin, one of my favorites , most respected, and most consistent racers...

first race, Daytona... an easy one (BTW I only use a wheel, it is almost impossible with a game pad), I qualify 1st, and stay in first the whole race without ever being challenged, and I come in first... good start to a season, rack up some nice points... but I'm worried, not even a challenge, and how realistic is it for a driver to qualify 1st, maintain first, and win? (don't think it ever happened in NASCAR)... so i write it off as a easy track, and a good head start...

OK.. next race... California... I'm worried a little, I do great on the super speedways, but if I have to start braking, there could be problems...

anyway... I do 20 laps in practice to get the feel of the track... best time was 17 out of 42... so I go to qualify, and I qualify 1st...SWEET...

So the race starts, 25 laps, and for the first 15 I dominate, never challenged, never a yellow (never was a yellow at Daytona)... with 10 to go, I'm thinking this is going to be boring, if I win again without incident...

as soon as I said that Jimmy Johnson comes up, hits my rear end, throwing sparks and all, damaging my rearend... my spotter says "hey cool it out there, you keep driving like the there going to black flag us"... I was like WHAT! black flag me, what about that idiot Johnson... the TV never answered back, lol...

So Johnson takes first and I'm second, within 2 laps I slingshot pass him for the lead again... "Sweet, at least i had a little race there"...

OK 8 to go, someone in the back spins and we go to caution, 8 to go no I'm not pitting, no one does...

The green flag drops again, I accelerate, and about 10 AI cars in a row all pull up to me one at a time, every single one of them hits a part of my car, I'm a pinball with the AI, there not hitting each other just me... I take major damage on all 4 corners, I drop to like 12th, but then race back to 8th... I get into 8th, white flag, one lap to go, and a caution someone spins out in back... it finishes under caution, my place 8th... not a bad place.... and it was a good race... but what the hell is it with the AI attacking me like that, every single one of them that passed me had to bump me first... lucky for them and the US Army (my sponsor) this is only virtual racing, because I'd beat 1st through 7th places ass all in a row... and then NASCAR would of suspended and fined me.

Great game, but lets all beat up on the human! BS! lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: mixed feeling for NASCAR 08...

Had a similar experience with MM as well. The AI is the main reason I'm trading it in this week, doesn't really hold a candle to Forza2.

Comment

I kinda skip most nascar games.. the only enjoyment i get out of them are going in reverse to make huge crashes..

Comment

I've been playing this on the PS3, But I noticed some of the same complaints as you did, Magnum. This seems to be a game design issue as it's occuring on both the PS3 and the 360.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X