Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BioShock Demo Available On Marketplace Now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioShock Demo Available On Marketplace Now!

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14199/...Available-Now/

BioShock is a revolution in the shooter genre that will forever change the expectations for the FPS. Going beyond "run and gun corridors," "monster-closet AIs" and static worlds, BioShock creates a living, unique and unpredictable FPS experience. BioShock is the Shooter 2.0. After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, while wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors, mutated little girls scavenge the dead, and genetically modified citizens ambush you at every turn. Players must ultimately make meaningful choices and mature decisions, culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture...or save them?

Tonight, 2K Games and Irrational Games have made the demo available of BioShock via the Xbox Live Marketplace. The demo is whopping 1.3gb so it will take some time to download, but we assure you it is well worth the wait!

Stay tuned as we are currently working on bringing you exclusive screenshots and movies of the demo just in case you don't have the opportunity to download the demo yourself...

***UPDATE***
    Just as it did with previous high-profile releases, the Xbox Live Marketplace has once again suffered network issues and is currently "not available." With tonight's release of the demo for BioShock it appears Microsoft's network still has some bandwidth issues to figure out.

Having tried to reconnect several times, we have been able to access the demo once again, but this time it is downloading MUCH slower than it was before Xbox Live Marketplace started having issues.

We guess the best bet is to have patience and keep trying to reconnect if you happen to get bumped off.
    Yay, I've only reached 6% in like 30mins.

Re: BioShock Demo Available On Marketplace Now!

I was stuck at 42% for a while, so I ended up leaving it over night and I just got to play after work today.

I wont give anything away if you havent played it yet (why havent you!? shame on you! :row__593: ).

But I'll just give this one word description: Intense.
    Focused

Comment

Intense is right...creepy is another good word to describe this game. I will definitely pick up the full game.

Comment

It's awesome, finally another original game.
        XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000 View Post
          It's awesome, finally another original game.
          Original is soooo correct. Nothing is like this game. Which makes it that much cooler and interesting.

Comment

Man I wanna play this game. Creepy doesn't begin to describe it. I remember being so weirded out during System Shock 2 that I tried to run fast through the scary sections of the game just so I didn't have to be there.

Not many games can do that to you these days.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X