Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4 to have Hardcore mode

Hey everyone,

The new Call of Duty game will have a 'hardcore' game mode for multiplayer, which removes the entire HUD (map, crosshair, ammo counter) and gives all weapons realistic damage. It should greatly increase the sense of immersion.

This sounds exciting. I've always loved the Call of Duty games in single player because of their cinemeatic intensity, but the multiplayer has always felt too 'loose' and arcade-y.

This hardcore mode will force people to think about their actions. And the best part is that hosts can turn it on as a session setting. That will hopefully weed out most of the smacktards you see on Live and maybe even get more TG's playing it...unless they spring for the PC version, that is.

Re: Call of Duty 4 to have Hardcore mode

is this one of those games that PC users can play with 360 owners?

Comment

From a preview I read about the PC version, it didn't seem to indicate cross-platform play.

Multiplayer does reward kill streaks though. Reach a certain streak and you get radar, reach another for an air strike, etc. I don't know how that will turn out with players wanting kills to get the kill streak bonus and possibly ignoring objectives.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
        is this one of those games that PC users can play with 360 owners?
        I believe the 360-to-Windows requires you to pay for it through Microsft...

Comment

well as long as you already have an xbox live account you should be good to go, no?

Comment

Probably, but why play this on the 360 and pay to play online when you can play with the PC online for free?

Comment

well, im not paying specifically for cod4. I pay for xbox live for tons of other games and demos that i cant play on the pc. If i didnt have live and i was gonna play cod4 multi, no i wouldnt pay just for that. live is a great service that for many games, makes for a fun multiplayer experience. For me, i enjoy both that and pc gaming. I was simply wondering if the two could play together thats all.

Comment

For a 360 owner, it's probably worth getting a gold subscription. For PC owners, there aren't enough games to make a subscription worthwhile. Plus, we've already been gaming for free.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                  For a 360 owner, it's probably worth getting a gold subscription. For PC owners, there aren't enough games to make a subscription worthwhile. Plus, we've already been gaming for free.
                  Except for retarded MMOs.

Comment

OMG I'm so glad I got out of World of Warcraft way back when.

Comment

Damn, where is this beta. I've been to the website so many times, see if I can get on that gravy train.

Comment

Not to be a stick in the mud.
                        But these features have been in existence on the PC side of CoD. Since a little after the release of CoD in October 2003. With the release of Wolfbane's Realism Mod aka WRM. Well atleast the option is in there to create this heightened simulation mode.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                          Except for retarded MMOs.
                          And paying for a TG subscription! ;)

We all find value in subscription services... not that I play retarded MMOs... of course I don't... um yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                            Damn, where is this beta. I've been to the website so many times, see if I can get on that gravy train.
                            Im playing as part of first wave. Beta goes towards the public on monday, Signup then. Game is awesome.
                            |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
                            100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Originally posted by HybridNinja View Post
                              Im playing as part of first wave. Beta goes towards the public on monday, Signup then. Game is awesome.
                              Yeah, but how'd they even let people get in? Surely it wasn't posting 500 polls on their website, and doing those silly missions?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X