Another one bites the dust.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust.

Yay mine died tonight. I was playing CoD4 beta, and then switched to Bomberman live, and I started getting weird video fragments, horizontal lines running across the screen. My xbox did this about two months back, and restarting it fixed it, thought it might be getting overly hot. This time, it did not fix it. Hell it didn't even display video once I restarted it, only audio. Xbox people told me to try a new video cable first, which I did, went and bought a new one. Then I called back tonight and now they are sending me a box. I just wanted it to die before Halo3 comes out, but she said the turn around time is 3-4 weeks now, which I hope it doesn't take that full amount of time. They've got a repair center here in Texas, so maybe the process will go faster.

My system is a launch date system and was built on 10-29-2005, so just a month before launch heh. Damn now I won't get to play anymore of the CoD4 beta, which sucks. Oh well what can you do? This was inevitable.

Re: Another one bites the dust.

Heh, mine just died last night. I was playing some Puzzle Fighter HD, and decided to pop in my GH2 (guitar hero). When it loaded the disc it just went to a black screen, like it does just before the games splash screen, and got stuck there. I thought to myself, alright that's odd, and restarted it. To my dismay when I powered up I saw the RROD. There were no previous instances of any major problems that I had noticed with the system prior to this.

I got my system about 2-3 months after release, but I'm sure it was built close to the release date.
    Focused

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixxFire View Post
      Heh, mine just died last night. I was playing some Puzzle Fighter HD, and decided to pop in my GH2 (guitar hero). When it loaded the disc it just went to a black screen, like it does just before the games splash screen, and got stuck there. I thought to myself, alright that's odd, and restarted it. To my dismay when I powered up I saw the RROD. There were no previous instances of any major problems that I had noticed with the system prior to this.

I got my system about 2-3 months after release, but I'm sure it was built close to the release date.
      Well, I'm glad we're in the same boat then, hopefully we'll get ours fixed and sent back about the same time, just in time for Halo3 I bet. :) I figured mine was going to get the RRoD. Figures, I get a oddball problem. Pretty sure it was the gpu overheating.

Have you already called and setup a repair thing yet?

Comment

Undead, my first box did the same thing and I got the same response from tech support. I took my box to an EB games and they plugged my box in for me to test it. Sure enough it was the box and I had to snd mine away and get a new one.
        But for me the horizontal lines lasted on and off for months before the box died.

Comment

I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did. Close to the 2 year mark without repairs.

Comment

Ive had mine since launch and it been perfect. i even play games for 15 hours + sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by DarkestSpade View Post
              Ive had mine since launch and it been perfect. i even play games for 15 hours + sometimes
              It's going to die sooner or later, its a fact. All of them are faulty. You were just as lucky as me. I'm glad I'm going to have it fixed and not have to worry about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixxFire View Post

I got the shipping box, on Tuesday I think around 5-6pm. I sent it out the next day, checked the tracking, looks like it already made it to McAllen,Tx to be repaired. Now comes the wait on how long its going to actually take to get it back to me. Did yours already make it down there?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                  I got the shipping box, on Tuesday I think around 5-6pm. I sent it out the next day, checked the tracking, looks like it already made it to McAllen,Tx to be repaired. Now comes the wait on how long its going to actually take to get it back to me. Did yours already make it down there?
                  My "coffin" is still on its way to me. It's so delayed for me because apparently it went from McAllen to Kentuky (I believe UPS's airport shipping center) so I'm not likely to get mine until Monday or Tuesday of next week.
                  Focused

Comment

Mine arrived at the repair place today. Now I'm counting the days, considering Halo3 is only around two weeks away. If this place does not get it back to me in time, I fear I'll have to buy a 360 from walmart for a week, and then take it back once I get mine back.

Comment

Well, its been there 10 days now, and nothing, just checked the tracking number to see if any updates. Notta...I'll wait until the 25th then I'll be forced to buy one that day.

Comment

Mine was just delievered 2 days ago. I dont really expect it to be back by the 25th but Im not quite so desperate as you to play Halo 3. Im in no real rush.

You might ask "Why are you getting the game if you dont have the system?".
                        Well, thats easily answered. I preordered the Legendary edition nearly a year ago, online. So I will have the game, but no system to play it on. I hope the booklet(s) and stuff will be kick-ass. :row__593:
                        Focused

Comment

Yikes! Checked my email, apparently they emailed me yesterday. The damn console hasn't even been touched yet! Wow, I am annoyed now.

Comment

It is always such a pain to send a console, it never gets repaired quickly. My friend's PS2 died a few years back, was gone for 6 weeks. Terrible. So we got ungodly good at SSBM on my Gamecube in the meantime.

But, its a pain, sucks you wont get it back for tomorrow
                            "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

It's ok, I bought a core system earlier.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X