• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 3 Discussion **Spoilers**

That last boss battle... disappointing.
    Keyes dieing... disappointing.
    Short campaign... disappointing.
    Sergeants death just pissed me off.
    Friendly AI seemed retarded most of the time, though I did feel bad leading all these marines to their death.

The flood levels... rocked so hard. The scarab battles were pretty tight, although once you figured out the trick to take em out fast they were way too easy.

So, humans are descendants of the forerunners, the prophets new this all along but kept it a secret as the forerunners were the base of their religion. Cortana doesn't go crazy and rogue and you never get to see the MCs face.

Anything else revealing that was left open in the earlier plot?
    USAR

Re: Halo 3 Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't notice any kind of short campaign, seemed long to me. Took me three days to finish it via coop.

Keys dieing was kinda lame to me, her character should not have been killed off, jeeze girl already had lost her father.

I'm pissed about Johnsons death too, but I kinda figured it was time for him to die. He's been in all three games.

AI was the same as the other two games, only there to make you feel like your not alone, and useless. I loved seeing the OSDT's (orbital shock drop troopers.)

The Flood levels were incredible, especially the last, it was so...vertical? Yep.

Umm...I saw MC alive, and then the next cutscene he is dead? How??

Comment

Hint: You should've waited through the credits. :P

Comment

I just saw the wall of dead people, and remember seeing 117 too.

Comment

Yeah. Let the credits roll. At the end, there's more to see. Beat it on Legendary and there's even more after that.

Comment

One of my favorite moments was when I saved an invincibility and a hammer, and went toe to toe with two hunters. I messed them up something shameful. The double scarab battle was the trickiest, because once you took one out it was hard to get on to the other to destroy (since most of the friendly AI, and vehicles, tended to esplody).

I was really impressed with the water, they really out did themselves there. The human fighter was really hard for me to pilot, and I couldn't figure out how to fire the machine gun on the tank. The warthog is fun as ever, and that last level was just a complete joy with total respect to halo 1.

I hope that cyro pod has enough battery life!
            USAR

Comment

In my opinion Halo's strong point has never been the story or the campaign. Above average sure! The first one was nice since you did not know what to expect. Multiplayer has always been the focus of Halo.

The campaign was "meh", the graphics were not good enough to get a wow. The AI wasn't smart enough to really help. Although the Arbiter did a decent job against the Flood. At least you got to be MC for the entire time.

The vehicular combat was pretty fun, the flood was alright. And the drive at the end was great, probably the highpoint. It was very grand. I thought the campaign was short, Bioshock took about 20 hours for me on Medium. H3 took 8 hours on herioc, but I suspect its because Bioshock only has campaign where 90% of HALOs time will be spent in multiplayer.

I do like the fact it didn't have a tutorial or anything, it dropped you in the action right then and there.
              [age-c1][command]

Comment

I'm reallying enjoying the single player campaign - lots of cool moments. Taking down the Scarab's (giant tanks) - loads of fun.
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                  I'm reallying enjoying the single player campaign - lots of cool moments. Taking down the Scarab's (giant tanks) - loads of fun.
                  Fighting those two, was some of the most intense, immersing battle in the game.

Comment

Can someone explain to me what exactly happens. i made the mistake of taking back Halo3 (i rented it) and didnt go back to rerent it to beat it a couple days later and it was gone, its been gone for like, 2 weeks now and still no game there, im losing patience and want to know what happens at the end, then what happens after credits. Please someone tell me? i cant wait.
                    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Why tell you... when you can watch? :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yygn_vlH5a4[/media]

To lead you into what you seeing, you're driving the Warthog (the Arbiter's in back, gunning for you) across the incompletely-terraformed Halo (hence the big panels) towards a capital ship that Johnson left.

You got into this situation by firing the Halo weapon before it was properly charged (causing a cascade reaction or something that destroys the system). 343-Guilty Spark went berserk when he found out your intentions and attacked you (killing Johnson and leading into one of the easiest final "boss" battles in the history of videogames ;P). You destroyed Guilty Spark, Cortana fires the Ark, and you and the Arbiter make a run for it before the whole place goes nuclear.

Comment

Yeah toss me an add too, Napu Eski. I'll come pwn you all with my Spartan Lazer Skillz. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X