Call of Duty 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4

Well Call of Duty 4 is now officially thirteen days out. Anyone else getting it on the 360? I was pondering on the PC, maybe on the 360, I just wanna see where the community swings when it comes out.

Re: Call of Duty 4

I'm going 360 with most of the newer games simply because I don't have the money to upgrade my PC to play them.
    USAR

Comment

I'll have the 360 version, mostly for MP... and the PC version mostly for the SP story and the review for SimHQ.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

360 is very capable, but mouse and keyboard owns controller every time.

Comment

/waits to see more TG on 360 for MP. I need teammates that aren't stupid.
          USAR

Comment

I'd much rather have the PC version, but I have to wait till around Jan. to put my new system together, X48 motherboards for one thing.
            I can run the demo at the settings I want but my fps are 20-30 only and I don't like the lag down in the low 20s.

So, for now I am going to get the 360 version, which is pretty wierd for me, I am mostly a PC gamer (85% or so) and much prefer the M/K controls over a gamepad, especially in an FPS, but I am going to give it a try and see how it goes.

When I get my new PC I will get the PC version for multiplay or expansions.

My tag on 360 is: Astr0Cat (that's a zero :) )
            Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

God damn it. Consoles have proven that they are capable of giving a great FPS experience.

It's all about training, it's the difference between manual and automatic transmissions. The ride isn't any less different but the car might need different maintenance.

I am a PC gamer, I grew up on CS, but I don't feel offended playing on a console for an FPS. You don't have to worry if your PC can handle the game, and you don't have to worry about cheaters (to the extent of worrying about them on PCs) and you don't have to worry about servers. It's a different experience, so go get your feet wet.

TheSqueak on xbox live.
              USAR

Comment

I got it last night for the 360. I'm using inverted controls, which feels better for me on the controller but I don't do this on the mouse. I turned auto aim off, and choose Regular difficulty.

I'm playing through the single player game and so far I'm having a good time. It's not too hard with my above settings but still a bit of a challenge at times. I find the controller harder to use then the M/K and to me has a more "sloppy" feel to it. But, it is not so bad to totally ruin the experience just not as good as it would be with M/K.

Overall, I am having fun, but I will probably get the PC version when I get my new system. Until then, I'll have fun with the 360 version.
                Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Little update: I am testing playing with the controls on Normal, this might be better for me since I am more used to M/K and that is how M/K normally works.
                  I just went to Inverted because that is how my wife plays Halo 3, but I might be better the other way...I'll have to see. I think people are pretty evenly split on using normal or inverted on console FPS games.

Comment

simple, it should have been 360 all the way, game play on it is better and no lag because of graphical issues. amazing game, im on commander rank :), stuff prestige, pointless, id rather have fun with the weps.

Comment

Originally posted by Basic1 View Post
                      simple, it should have been 360 all the way, game play on it is better and no lag because of graphical issues. amazing game, im on commander rank :), stuff prestige, pointless, id rather have fun with the weps.
                      This is a pretty low-level system requirement game, runs pretty good for most anyone on the PC. I have tons of fun with the weapons on the PC version too.

Comment

I have a mid level computer,
                        AMD 4000+
                        2 gig RAM
                        Asus A8N-SLI Premium
                        Nvidia 8800GTX
                        XiFi
                        I am waiting till Jan when the new hardware comes out to get a new one. I tried the demo on my PC: All max settings, 2x AA 4x Aniso, HQ, 1280x960. I got FPS in the 40-60s but it would dip in the low 20's when there was a lot of action. This made me get the 360 version until I get my new PC.

Comment

I've got the 360 version and I'd have to say I'm impressed. I didn't think I would like a FPS on a console but I'm enjoying it.

Send me an invite. I'm usually on around 10ish EST.

gamertag: TGFatalBert
                          flux
                          [tg-c1]

Comment

yeah man i play tons of COD4, add my tag edchiang1988

[cross][conduct]
                            Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

I am all over this game on console. Tag:

TG ABRA

I'm wearing the DOA tag right now since TG nas no organized console presence whatsoever that I can find. I would kill a man if we could get the same kind of thing going on Xbox that we have on PC.

And where are the admins to shut down the M/K vs. Analog flamebaits in every.single.console.thread.on.
                              Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
                              live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
                              Friend me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse