COD4 TG squad sign-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 TG squad sign-up

I'm going to start an informal XBbox 360 COD4 practice squad. Basically just a scheduled time to hold practices and get a core group of players regularly playing with the same tactics and training in line with the TG Primer. This will not be a clan, just an extension of the TG community.

I'm doing this as a prelude to a bit of TGU Xbox offering. Use Xbox TGU practices as a spring board to consolidate and recruit both PC and console TGers into a tighter knit console community. Hopefully these practices will develop a wider TG console community such that we can regularly fill private matches with TGers. These matches could spread the expected gameplay standards enjoyed on our TG PC servers to the console. I think all us consolers have been waiting for such a TG experience to be extended to us.

Two key prerequisites:

-I think anyone in this practice squad needs to pay to change their gametag on Xbox Live to start with the TG tag. This costs 800G in marketplace. This should be mandatory for squad members; others who wish to participate need to at least have a TG somewhere in their motto. Now that this is displayed in the invite display, it will be crucial in identifying and inviting other TGers. Without the TG tag in your Xbox Lve username, ingame invites will be indistinguishable from non-TG friends and any TG organization will be impossible.

-Secondly we will need a game night like we usually have at TG to hold practices. Any squad members need to be able to attend with some regularity. It'll probably be 9pm Eastern so as to provide the best coverage across all US timezones. Possibly on a rotating night of the week to fit everyone's schedules at least occasionally.

People who are interested please sign-up and make your voices heard in this thread. Friend everyone else who signs up. I think you will need to find a way to meet the above two pre-reqs, if you want to participate right now. Or post an alternative method of regular attendance and identification better suited to you.

Live username: "TG ABRA"
    Preferred nights: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sun.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
    live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
    Friend me!

Re: COD4 TG squad sign-up

I'll sign up, it would be great to get some tactics in console games.

However, do note a few things.
    -I am in a clan with real life friends at the moment, not to be a jerk but they will take precedence. With the exception of practices. I will do all I can to make any practices or official matches and once I'm in I won't leave until it's over.
    -Two, I don't think the change of tags would be necessary. As long as someone has in their motto that they're from TG, I think that'll be enough.

Comment

Count me in! Since I lost my home comp the console is the only thing I've had and COD 4 is the cloesest I have found to anything near TG style of play and that is only during a few matches where I lucked into a group of good communication players.

Does the name change affect any one on my friends list or does it just trickle down to their xbox that I changed my name?

Comment

I think the motto tag is pretty good now that they show up on your friends list. I think I'd be interested in checking this out.

I'm waiting until Jan/Feb to get a new computer (x48, QX9770, new Nvidia cards, etc...) So I am full on xbox 360 guy for now and even when I get the new computer I'll still have fun with both :)

M,T,Th are good nights for me. Others are possible except for Wed.
        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I'm up for it, just don't message me 10,000x when I'm playing another game with some of my friends ABRA! :p Let me know what night we want to do this regularly so I can schedule it.
          USAR

Comment

hey its Seven Wolves thats my gamer tag add me COD4 baby woo light it up teamhardcore

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
              I'm up for it, just don't message me 10,000x when I'm playing another game with some of my friends ABRA! :p Let me know what night we want to do this regularly so I can schedule it.
              First my messages are too few, then they're to many, you better shoot the bad guys >just right< Goldie Locks.

And I'm with SevenWolves, Team Hardcore is the only mode I play. What are your preferred game modes?

Sounds good guys. We'll stick with mottos and no TG tags in names and see if that works. I think we have enough people to get a private practice back with a game chaser. Honestly I'd rather spend our full time together in practice at first, since I'm sure we all play matches often enough. Your guys call. First practice:

December, 13th,
              Thursday, 9 pm Eastern

I don't pretend to be the best, but until people step forward to coach/instruct, I'll organize the practice and run the drills. Not to be better players in the clan l33t sense, but to be more inline with the primer. We will find an enjoyable balance between the two. Anything I'm forgetting?
              Friend me!

Comment

Played Team Hardcore for the first time yesterday - LOL - I don't know the maps yet and totally FF my buddy in the back after hitting him in the head with a nade - DOH!!!

Vicious was tearing it up BTW

Comment

I play headquarters when I want to level up, but I stick to hardcore when I really want to play.
                  USAR

Comment

I guess I didn't make it clear that the proposed game time was hoping for an RSVP. I assume you guys are coming right? And make sure you've got the TGs in your sigs, I think a couple of you might not.

I'm going to write out a primer to Thursday's practice. Long and a hassle to read and totally optional. But the more you read and understand here, they less talk and more shooting we'll have on Thursday. Try to read the brief introduction.

First practice

Introduction: The goals are to introduce the fundamentals of team coordination at the lowest level(pairs) and to compare and contrast real-world tactics and prevalent COD4 tactics. Be patient as this is the first practice. There will be more explanation than in later practices when we are more use to drills and format. There will doubtlessly be some format and logistical bumps to iron out as well. A word on perks and class laod-outs. I'm lvl 55 with all the toys, I like it, I'm not into the merit badges of prestige mode... yet. But conveniently enough the standard guns are my favorite, particularly for CQC and MOUT, the MP5 and M16. I forget exactly what perks you start with but they include special grenades, extreme conditioning and UAV Jammer which are conducive to a more deliberate TG style of play(for reasons I can elaborate in practice). So I think we may want to consider training under these standard low-level weapons and perks, although probably not necessarily operating with them in matches.

Practice setup: Find me on your friends list, TG ABRA, join session in progress. Private game settings: max health, max regen, fast respawn, ff on, no UAV display if possible, map = Pipeline

Warm-up drill as we wait for everyone: Solo breaching building 2 on Pipleline, 2+ players.

This breaching drill will most likely be a common drill to practice breaches of various complexity in a large room(the most difficult breach, especially in S&D). While seemingly complex written out, it is actually quite simple in practice, and the squad will rapidly become familiar with it.

Setup: One or two defenders hide in defensive positions watching the front entry from the alley under the tin roof(all directions relative to search and destroy attacker(S&D) spawn). One attacker waits in alley to breach that entry. All others wait in line to be next attacker.

Execution: Attacker breaches without use of explosives, acquires defenders, shoots to wound each as fast as possible(optimally stops firing after the first on target shot). Defenders shoot to suppress the attacker(shoot at a safe distance over his head, no headshots!). Defenders cease fire when the attacker lands a shot on them. By having the defenders' say how much ammo is left in their clips, you can track your speed and progress in this drill as they will be firing continuously until hit so they act as a vague stopwatch of shorts. These stats can possibly be used to identify squad members for specific formation roles later.

Reset: Attacker takes up new defensive position. After defending against one or two breaches, defenders exit out the side to the attacker line(number of breaches before exit equal to number of defenders, so one exits at a time). At the very least one person, hopefully a defender, will survive the shooting-to-wound, we wait until they regenerate, then initiate another breach.

First practice topic: Shooter pair movement for MOUT for team death match(hardcore), same map.

Agenda: Brief explanation of alternate bounding overwatch in pairs(succesive bounding later), both quick-rush style, and slow-sighted style. Practice both styles in pairs. Discussion of how fast each movement type is relative to the others in the game of COD4. Illustrate with 'races'. Debrief lessons learned in the application of these tactics. Identify and discuss strengths, weaknesses and necessary adaptations of these real-world tactics in COD4. More walk, less talk next time for if we have repeat attendance.

Second topic: Reload into Vacant for shooter pair movement in CQC.

Agenda: Distinguish difference between the threats and goals in MOUT and in CQC. Demonstrate and practice each: pair movement along corridor, at corners, crossing side corridors, entering a T intersection. Real-world CQC room entry and breaching covered if time permits. Reinforce movement speed issues and rear threats in COD4. Discuss real-world tactic adaptations to the game. Brief illustration drill designed to increase travel speed without compromising technique.

Cool Down: Team's choice. My vote would be a quick small TG scrimmage, each pair for themselves on Vacant. Followed by some pro bono work on Live teaching the TG primer. By which I mean schooling up on some console chumps with our real-world coordination. (I hear there is an option in Live such that you only hear the voice of friends which may be helpful in the early going, to minimize voice channel load)

Later practice topics: 4-6 man squad movement in CQC and MOUT. The "playbook": Pre-fab breach plays, language of play-calling(flash and clear on zulu...POP, bangbangbang, Clear.). Pre-fab gameplans and language for various game modes(Rush right; feign left slow plant at B; or hold middle). Map specific game-plans and travel times(did you know it take 9 seconds for a defender with an SMG & Extreme Conditioning to reach the back door of Building 2 on Pipeline but 14 seconds for a attacker with the same load out to breach the front door(also 14 seconds for a tin roof breach, but 16 secs for a left side breach)? or that you reach the ladder outside Building 2 that leads onto the tin roof at the exact same moment as a defensive center rusher between the two buildings? Now that is some tight and saucy level design. Try rushing center on defense with an SMG & Conditioning in Hardcore S&D on Pipeline sometime, pure devastation shock & awe, they never zerg rush A again that match guaranteed).

See you guys Thursday, should be fun if we get at least 4 people.
                    Friend me!

Comment

Did anyone make it? I was all set until about 8:30 and then some crap came up and I had to miss it - totally bummed!

You gonna setup another time in the future?

Comment

I came by, we did some training which was good. We were going to jump in to some live games but we got seperated after that. I think it would be cool to get 4-6 people together and play in some live games. :)
                        Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Another buddy of mine who playes here, Dunagan, just got the game and I know he will be down for it.

Comment

I'm more interested in playing with you guys, not so much simulation training on the xbox. Don't have time for that.
                            USAR

Comment

Daaaaangit. I did see Abra's message until I got home...today! I'm sorry I missed the session, sounded like it was fun! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X