No announcement yet.

Frontlines: Fuel of War SP demo impressions...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontlines: Fuel of War SP demo impressions...

XBL has the new SP demo to Frontlines: Fuel of War... (for the Xbox 360).

Frontlines: Fuel of War has advanced on to Xbox LIVE, in the form of a single player demo available for download now on Marketplace. The demo features the second mission of the single player campaign, allowing you to experience the open-world gameplay and hi-tech, next-gen weaponry.

Objectives may be completed in any order and tackled from any direction. Itís up to you whether to rush in with all guns blazing to secure an objective, take a stealthy approach or perhaps blast a hole in a nearby wall and flank the enemy positions

IMO with the demo... it's a mix of Battlefield 2142 and GRAW2... alot of good features, alot of good stuff, alot of good weapons and battlefield looking items... and of course alot of action and game play... not to much on tactics or teamwork thou, more of a go over near this objective shoot everyone then move in and capture it...

The best part of the demo is the introduction, where they tell you how this all started, and it seems true and real enough... the world runs low on oil, the US economy crumbles because of this, then Russia and China join forces to kick our donkeys...

It's like GRAW2 with the overlay, remote control helicopters, scouts, and mules...
    It's like Battlefield 2142 because of the open map and objectives, running and gunning tactics, and the vehicles, like the tank, you can get in and use.

Frankly I'm not to impressed, IMO...just another tactical shooter turning more into an action shooter...the norm now-a-days... for us old Tactical Gamer members that wish for the days of GR, OFP, R6, and SWAT... we will be disappointed... for the newer Tactical (action) Gamer type players, it will be loved.

I will still be watching this... and want to know if there will be co-op, and how will the MP be.

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Frontlines: Fuel of War SP demo impressions...

I spent a few hours playing the demo and am a little unsure about this title. I have sunk a lot of time into playing both Battlefield 2142 and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and agree with Magnum50’s assessment that it seems like a crossbreed of the two games. However, it doesn’t seem to marry the two very well and I am not convinced it won’t end up being another failure like Battlefield: Modern Combat.

On the other hand, the PC version seems to be attracting a lot of attention, so it might just be a matter of spending some more time with the demo. Its multiplayer aspect and how it handles squad level play will be two important factors for me. If it ends up offering the great teamwork found in BF2142 with a feel similar to GRAW 2, I might be spending less time on the PC and more quality hours on Xbox LIVE.

The story was very good reminds me of Ace Combat story telling. I Had a problem with the aiming. I felt blocky? Like i could move up and down, left and right percisely but i couldn't fluiently move diagonally to a target like i can in Halo 3 and COD4 (note: on all three games i use max sensitivity). Is it just me? This made me decide that a mouse will definately be better.

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
        For the console version (xbox360), it's not PTT - just open mic between squad members. This makes sense given the limited # of buttons on the controller. I wonder if PTT will be available for PC?

Regarding other advanced VOIP features - it doesn't look like it will be in the initial release.. at least not for the 360

Originally posted by Frank Delise
        Yes you have to be in a squad to use the open mic feature. When matches are this big, it got way to cluttered with talking and most of the time useless information that didnt help teamwork and bandwidth.

We want to have more options like squad leader to squad leader and proximity chat. We are looking into that for a title update.

Anyway - it's good to know they're looking at those features - unlike EA/DICE.
        quote from this thread

I think a title like this benefits from the larger server numbers that are usually present in the PC version. COD4 the quality experience is great with a low number, hence why I have it on 360. I think it will be invaluable to have a mouse, so I think I'm going with the PC version on this one.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

I played this title and I found that the game mechanics are a little shallow compared to what I'm used to. There isn't a cover system, which I really look for in games these days, and there doesn't seem to be any room in the SP mode for tactical play.

Aside from the (slightly) increased damage from enemy fire, it plays very much like a run and gun shooter.

It won't take up the same place in my game library that R6:Vegas and GRAW enjoy.

I will try the PC version online with TG and see if that changes the mechanics. Silver seems very excited about it from his experiences in the beta test

Same thought as Thantos, the game just seems like those mercenary games when it comes to the action but Im hoping the game gets modded a bit..
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

I think there's supposed to be an MP Demo for Xbox360 - not sure though. Beta is now open on the PC... there should be quite a few on tonight if you can get it DL'd in time. (check link in my sig for details)

xbox multi player demo is out and getting good intial comments on xbox forums

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed