watch what you say on XBL...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watch what you say on XBL...

Cumberland Times reports that a Frostburg State University student has been taken into custody after an investigation confirmed that the 19-year-old gamer issued a threat of “shooting up the school” while playing Call of Duty 4. Shaw faces a maximum penalty of one year jail time and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

According to court records, Shaw was playing the game “Call for Duty 4” in the XBOX Live gaming system with players around the country when he allegedly stated the threat of “shooting up the school.” The statement reportedly contained a description from Shaw concerning “how he was going to do it.”

As the university community and the rest of the city pondered the frightening possibility of violence shattering the typical calm of the Mountain City, police working with Microsoft and Xbox Live tracked the Internet provider address to Shaw and his room at Annapolis Hall.

After Shaw was taken into custody, he reportedly told investigators that “he was joking and had no intention of following through with the threats,” according to the court documents.
    Lesson learned...you can be found, lol. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: watch what you say on XBL...

Nice, I love seeing people like that force-fed some humble pie law-style.
    -

Comment

Too bad XBL and military police don't investigate and prosecute instances of online fratricide with the same vigilance.
      Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
      live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
      Friend me!

Comment

lol
        -

Comment

Awsome! I hate these punk kids.
          "America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad ass speed." --Eleanor Roosevelt - 1936

Comment

HEY CENSORS: I'M GOING TO SHOOT UP MY SCHOOL.

Oh man, I went there!

Edit: While I believe that if threats like this are serious, they should be dealt with. But really...it's XBL. Do you take what's said there seriously?
            Skud

Comment

I think it is wrong to joke like that, but there is a level of interference into personal lives that the state should have no right to move into. The government needs to look at morals-O I forgot morals and ethics are being lost more and more on my generation- for a government with out morals is a nation without wisdom, understanding, and a heart.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Just plead insanity.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X