Assassin's Creed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin's Creed

I have using my gaming time almost exclusively to play this game. I absolutely love it.

It's definitely not the typical game we enjoy here at Tacticalgamer, but I find it's just so well put together.

The side missions / investigations can get repetitive, which is one of the biggest criticisms of this game but I don't find it repetitive - I like trying out different approaches to the same situations.

Even though Altair is a 15th century assassin, I don't know any other game which makes you feel quite as 'Batman' as this one.

I can't wait until AC2 is released. Now that they've built the tools to create the gameworld and animation, they can really get their heads down and make some spectacular content. And multiplayer. Imagine a 'Tag' game mode?

Re: Assassin's Creed

I'm on the same page as you Thanatos

When you finish it... wait through the credits. :) I won't give away much, but it gives some hints as to where the the next game may be taking place. Also, with the help of google, will help explain whats going on.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
      I won't give away much, but it gives some hints as to where the the next game may be taking place.
      By this do you mean ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE? Theres traces of virtually everywhere in the ending and post ending.
      Focused

Comment

I don't want to spoil anything, but;
        Look at the more obvious clues, like the writing (although I know there's also Arabic, Hebrew and Chinese writing too), the little huts,
        "Yona"
        "guni"
        and a certain name of a ruler that pre-dates Altair's timeline :P
        -

Comment

I'm hesitant to try a game that was panned by virtually everyone I know. Perhaps a rental?

Comment

Worth renting, for sure
            -

Comment

i love it. The best part is just climbing on everything. Im a bit scared of heights and the first time i got to the top of that cathedral...i admit i was crappin myself a bit lol. Combat is really fun as well. I think theyll only do even better with the sequel.

And finding all the flags is a challenge in and of itself. (plus you get to do your best impression of spiderman all the while ;))

Comment

Lol

Not too big of the flag hunt myself... but it's something to do! I managed to get all the Kingdom flags.. that... other place too (check my achievements). Working on the other towns.

Im working for 1000/1000 (achievements) for the heck of it, heh
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Thanatos View Post
                  Even though Altair is a 15th century assassin, I don't know any other game which makes you feel quite as 'Batman' as this one.
                  ..Have you tried that one game... Dang, what's it called........... AH, YES!

.....Batman? :D

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                  Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                  Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                    ..Have you tried that one game... Dang, what's it called........... AH, YES!

.....Batman? :D
                    No Batman game to date has instilled the Batmaness or badassery as Altair does in this game. Yes I just used those 2 word, and yes they are in the same sentence. :row__690:
                    Focused

Comment

and yes, they both apply to this game....theres just something so awesome leaping from roof to roof and planning out assasinations. I love goin from long sword in fight, switch to short blade, throw a few knives, and basically use every kill animation there is lol

Comment

I'd suggest folks try playing the game with the GPS turned off :)
                        You'll actually find a use for that Eagle vision, and you really start to pay more attention to your surroundings

(Turn the GPS back on for those stupid timed missions... Geez I hate being timed.)
                        -

Comment

MY favorite thing to do was when I was attempting to get the Eagles Challenge achievement ( Fight 25 enemies at the same time...and win). I would just walk the street all methodically with my sword drawn, just waiting to be attacked. All the while people screamed and ran away after witnessing me kill a couple dozen guards. :icon_lol:

That and then getting the Eagles Will achievement (Win over 100 battles while remaining undefeated) completely by surprise. I could swear that Altair started strutting after getting that achievement. :row__642:
                          Focused

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                            I'm hesitant to try a game that was panned by virtually everyone I know. Perhaps a rental?
                            Definitely a rental Gilespie. Most people complain about the lack of variety in missions or lack of replay value once the single player campaign is over.

Rent the game and play it for an afternoon and then you'll see for yourself whether you agree.

Even if it starts feeling repetitive for you, until that point, it's quite unlike any other game that's out there.

Comment

i bought my girlfriend a 360 for christmas, but i had to, er... "test it out" first. So I completed the game. It was a lot of fun once I got well into the story. The first couple of memory blocks are a little slow though.

I suggest renting it, but then again, I'd say any console game that you don't really EXPECT to play a ton online you should rent. It costs 8 bucks at blockbuster to rent for a week, so you could rent for 6 weeks and still come out about even.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X