New Gamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gamer

I purchased an Xbox 360 this past holiday season, after a few months of debating whether or not I wanted to get back into the console platform, and have really enjoyed my experience so far. The first few games I picked up were adventure titles for my wife and we are having a blast playing together. These also helped me get accustomed to its controller, which was one of my initial concerns with a console.

Now that I am a bit more comfortable with the Xbox, I decided to move into the shooter genre. My first purchase was Gears of War, but I fumbled through the initial mission and decided to put it down until I was more familiar with the controller. I did not want my frustrations from making the transition from a PC to the console to get in the way of what seems to be a fantastic game.

I recently picked up Rainbow Six: Vegas and was instantly hooked on this game. I am working my way through the single player storyline and its been a lot of fun learning the game. Once I finish, I would like to get involved in both cooperative and multiplayer gameplay, but am more than a little concerned about just jumping onto Xbox LIVE and trying to find a game.

While I might be a little late to the party and am still learning the game, I wondered if anyone still plays Rainbow Six: Vegas and would like to get together to play on a semi-regular basis? I live on the US East Coast and tend to play after 10:00 PM on weekdays or Saturday afternoons.

Re: New Gamer

Hey Pfeil, great to see you here in the 360 realms. I'd be interested in playing some rainbow six coop. I also suggest getting Call of Duty 4. It is a ton of fun. add: Khan58 as a friend.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I'm all for some Rainbow Six Co-op! Holy Mackerel, am I ever!! Just tell me when!
      -

Comment

I appreciate the responses, tHa Khan and Clodhopper, and will make sure to add you both to my friends list. If either of you have some spare gaming time this coming Saturday, 26 January, I would enjoy getting together to play a few Rainbow Six: Vegas missions. My hope is to continue on with the single-player storyline this week and I might have enough experience to not embarrass myself too much by the weekend.

Call of Duty 4 is next on my list, by the way. I have enjoyed the Tom Clancy series and wanted to play the first title before Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is released later this winter. Once I scrounge a few extra gaming dollars together, I'll try to get in on the CoD4 action with TG.

Comment

I recently picked up Rainbow Six: Vegas and was instantly hooked on this game. I am working my way through the single player storyline and its been a lot of fun learning the game. Once I finish, I would like to get involved in both cooperative and multiplayer gameplay, but am more than a little concerned about just jumping onto Xbox LIVE and trying to find a game.
          Vegas is great and a worthy game to have... but just FYI... Vegas 2 is coming in March, so most likely the majority will be moving to Vegas 2 over 1... (and too get the most for trade in value owners will want to trade in Vegas 1 before it's to late.)

Now IMO... GRAW2 and CoD4 is the two biggest and best games out there... we get together every SAT around NOON Eastern for some true co-op action... but it's just like TG here...tactics and teamwork is required.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

BTW... GRAW2 has a great SP campaign and fantastic MP... a couple of map packs have already been released... and any day now a new "classics" map pack is coming...old, orginal GR maps redone in 360 glory...SWEET!
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil2281 View Post
              If either of you have some spare gaming time this coming Saturday, 26 January, I would enjoy getting together to play a few Rainbow Six: Vegas missions.

Call of Duty 4 is next on my list, by the way. I have enjoyed the Tom Clancy series and wanted to play the first title before Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is released later this winter. Once I scrounge a few extra gaming dollars together, I'll try to get in on the CoD4 action with TG.
              If I'm online (no matter what I'm playing) at any time, just send me an invite, or a voice message. I'm ALWAYS up for Co-op.

Been thinking about nabbing CoD4 myself, but I already have it on PC and have played through it countless times... not too fond of the normal XBL crowds to really care much for multiplayer at this point. So, I'll been stewing over this one for a bit.

Magnums got it on the nose though, GRAW2 is not a game to miss out on. It's one true co-op game where the enemy doesn't "spawn in" when you reach checkpoints. Everyone starts off on a single map, enemies patrol, while you work to wipe them out. Of course, they soon become alerted to your presence and do like a good swarm. :row__642:
              The game also seems to work true with the "recon" factor, as long as folks have patience, I've noticed you can really sneak around enemies and pick them off quietly without alerting too many of them (if any at all). If we could get a group together and play it like we played Ghost Recon here on the PC in the past, we'd have some memorable games.
              -

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Magnum50 and Clodhopper. I have GRAW 2 for the PC and was part of the TG Admin team when we had a dedicated server. In fact, we played a few missions together one afternoon, Magnum50. It sounds like I'll have to add that to my list for the Xbox 360.

Comment

Hey I Love the Xbox, Once you get used to the controller i recommend finishing Gears, which is one of the best console games ever. As for adventure games I just started playing assassins creed. This game you have to invest a solid hour or two before you make your decision (PLUS i would wait till you have the controller down). Once you get the short blade and counter kills the fighting becomes swift, deadly and fun matching the open world side quest fun. Four great games coming out are Metal gear solid 4, Devil May Cry 4 - this one is iffy since 1 and 3 where great and 2 is considered one of the biggest bombs in video game history - Gran theft auto 4 and wait for it... RESIDENT EVIL 5! COD4 multiplay is good for xbox 360 and as you know Rainbow six and GRAW. Welcome to world of gaming that XBOX live offers. Don't neglect the game demos - I have purchased games after playing these most noteable Project Sylpheed which is $29.99. ( i only recommend this game if you are a Wing Commander, X-wing,Battlestar galactica fan as it is fast paced, confusing, and difficult making it a rewarding space combat game) Anyway See ya on buddy!

Comment

Pfeil, add me to your buddy list if you ever fancy a bit o Halo 3. Gamertag JaYzBON

(All you guys are welcome to add me if you wish)

Comment

Gamertags Latius. I have rainbow six vegas and would love some co-op or multiplayer havent played a online game yet since I cant find one, but I mostly play CoD4.
                      |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...