multiplayer on the 360...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiplayer on the 360...

With me finally having the ability to capture screenshots and in game videos from my Xbox 360... and me, playing more and more 360 games due to ease of use, connection, etc etc...

and for the fact that I tried to play CoD4 yesterday in a open server, and got belittled because I sucked, and wasn't doing the objective... (yes I suck, I come from PC gaming, I kept getting killed before I could even make it to the objective, lol)

and then the day before having two 14 year olds arguing who was better during the whole mission, and eventually turned to "where do you live?" "Lets me in New Jersey and I'll kick your ass?" (pathetic),

Then Friday... what seemed to be two 8 year olds talking about how they skipped school to play all day, and make "man I blew off his head" talk over and over...

I've determined, that the Xbox 360 is a great gaming platform, and XBL is the BOMB of a program/service... but open servers are a frickin joke!

I know we already have friends list... but should we look into, (and I hate to say it but my complaints fell on deaf ears...so if you can't beat em, join em,lol), a 360 joint task force in house squad.... where we schedule events for the most popular games... like CoD4, GRAW2, and soon Vegas 2... schedule events, have our own "clans" in each of the main games... post screens, videos, AAR...

this will be with the same standards as TG servers... tactics and teamwork, mission goals...and mature play... there would be a game officer, someone in charge of this group, that will keep the list active, schedule events, kick out non-compliers... SM's of TG would have invites first, then if room...non-SM's would be invited...

these are just ideas, subject to debate and change... just throwing this idea out there to see what we bring in...what ideas, or what HELL NO's we get...

This is not an official idea, since I am just a member here.. just throwing it out for feedback, and maybe someone in the back office can decide on if needed, direction, and procedures.

feedback, suggestions, comments welcomed..
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: multiplayer on the 360...

BTW...maybe we already have this, if so...let me know... the whole point is that I, and many others are really getting into the Xbox 360 gaming.... and need the same type of group we get here via the PC.

Open servers SUCK on a console... and I mean really suck. lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Hey Magnum - I don't have a 360, but I from conversations "in the back office", I know we definitely want to do something like this! [email protected] is getting a lot of interest from from Frontlines players, and I'm sure most of them have other titles they'd like to play in the same mature environment. In fact, details are sparse at this point, but I think we may even be able to setup a dedicated xbox server for FFoW! Regardless of if FFoW is a title you're interested in or if we get a dedicated server, I think this will certainly help foster a more integrated and coordinated xbox community here... a proof of concept of sorts that might be extended to other titles like CoD, Vegas2, etc...

I'll put in a pointer to this thread and make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks...

Comment

well my opinion on the matter is that a 360 IHS would possibly be a bad idea due to the fact that this would probably divide the 360 players.

i mean, for people who dont join this 360 ihs? and would it be a supporting only ihs or just a fun one?

theres all sorts of organisation problems and leadership problems that would arise to that method... nobody can lead a 360 group really.. not a general group anyway..

:) but yeah keep the ideas coming

Comment

you host private servers... if someone don't play by the rules they get kicked... there has to be a way to control who plays in this group...and anyone that is a TG member would already be a member of this 360 group... ?
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

You know I'd support this, not to mention I'd be a regular... unfortunately I don't have many ideas, and the 360 community here seems way too divided as it is.
            -

Comment

yeah people play far too wide a variety of games to be fair... although i guess organising some get togethers more often to play multi games could be fun.

Comment

this is tactical gamer...I can tell you what games would mostly be played...GRAW2, CoD4, Frontlines, Vegas 2, battlefield...

I wish XBL would let you assign your contacts games... so say I have clodhopper in my friends list, I want to play Vegas 2...I could filter my friends list to Vegas 2 players... then send them all AT ONCE a game invite...on my private server.

but discussions is what this thread is about.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Magnum,
                  I usually play online at night, its hit or miss with the kind of groups you play with. You can add me to your 360 list. Not everything is perfect with XBL, sometimes you can get spoiled playing PC gaming online vs. XBL on the 360.
                  XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Well, it would be nice if we were to start a thread depicting what game we intend to play, and have the players that speak out to come play actually show up :P

I really don't know how else to put it, it just never seems like folks want to get together for anything (aside what ABRA had going for CoD4 a little while ago). I'd try start something myself, but I'm not very good when it comes to organizing anything, not to mention, my connection doesn't allow me to host any games.

Interested to see what happens with Frontlines, maybe if we can get a strong following with that... other things may spark up for different games?
                    -

Comment

I finally got into some more XBlive gaming with my friends. They formed the tag PCX (Pork Chop Express) in CoD. Kudos if you know the reference.

Anyways, we've got 6 guys in the group, but they aren't always on. If you're playing some CoD4 and are looking to break from the public players mold, give me (TheFeniX) a buzz and I'll invite you to our party.

The strats are lacking, but at least we've got the communication above something more than "OMG BS WTF!?"

Comment

soon il be playing rock band, army of two, and battlefield bad company the most XP

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting, keep talking.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

When is bf bc out, that might be cool but I thought it was just single player

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I was thinkingh about the comments... and how people play different games at different times...

What if there was one person put in charge of each game, like they do in the PC department, Game Officers, that Xbox 360 game officer could schuled, plan, and promote TG playing there game... of course you would be fighting for peoples playing time... but you do that in the PC games too.

Just food for thought...

I know that I am personally preferring the 360 games more and more...and find XBL easy and fun, (now I'm not giving up PC gaming...just saying, lol)

I don't get to play games as much as i want, PC or 360... but I know that we already have a group that meets every Sat for a tactical shooter game on the 360..

and I believe that Vegas 2 is going to be one of those games... I would at least like to see a group formed for some of the most popular games... a group for Vegas 2, CoD4, GRAW2, and Frontlines... when one dies down to low, we replace it with a new game that will be big...

I'm not talking about contest and matches... just a good friends list that have the same type of gamer as myself and others here at TG.

Since XBL hasn't fiquered it out yet... maybe a list here of games then you can add your name to the list if you play that game... we can then either print it out or write it, so we know who plays what... or even easier but more of a nusiance, in your bio of XBL put the games you play... again just ideas for discussion.

no matter what, I will be big into Vegas2 for a few months if not more... so will want to get tactical minded members together for that.
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X