Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG squads..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TG squads..

    We should put together some TG based squads for the 360, like a infantry squad, a armored squad and a aviation squad, each squad specializing in it's respective area with each having a squad leader to cordinate movements. Somewhere along those lines.. what you guys think?

  • #2
    Re: TG squads..

    I like where you're heading there! Maybe you could elaborate a bit about what you're thinking? When you say "TG based squads", do you mean in-game squads?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TG squads..

      It could work. Just remember that the squads do need to be flexible becasue of map rotation and the HUGE variety of maps.

      Anti-Armor squad would have to switch up gameplay when they go to street....

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TG squads..

        I dont have Xbox and dont know how people can oraganise themselves to meet up and squad up

        you could have a thread here 'Lets meet up and play'
        on the xbox is there a sperate communication channel outside of the game, ie a place to meet up and choose a server, is there a way of contacting someone in game and asking them what server they are on

        What i am suggesting here is that you find and write up a standard procedure for get togethers and post it in this forum

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TG squads..

          very good point for the people that dont know how to organize, we could have threads on here specifically for the squads to meet and set certain times to meet on XBL, then its just a matter of one of us making a server and inviting the rest of the squad from your XBL friendslist. At that point we could conduct practice and or let in outside players to join to go up against them. Otherwise one person (i.e squad leader) can join any public server and from there the rest of the squad can use the XBL "join session in progress" to get into the same game as the squad leader. I used this same "basis" to run my drifting team on forza 2. I of course havnt thought of everything and the details thats what this thread is for so we can all get together discuss and get this rolling hopefully.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TG squads..

            Originally posted by siksol04 View Post
            very good point for the people that dont know how to organize, we could have threads on here specifically for the squads to meet and set certain times to meet on XBL, then its just a matter of one of us making a server and inviting the rest of the squad from your XBL friendslist. At that point we could conduct practice and or let in outside players to join to go up against them. Otherwise one person (i.e squad leader) can join any public server and from there the rest of the squad can use the XBL "join session in progress" to get into the same game as the squad leader. I used this same "basis" to run my drifting team on forza 2. I of course havnt thought of everything and the details thats what this thread is for so we can all get together discuss and get this rolling hopefully.
            I've created a sticky thread here so you can post when you will be on and arrange meet ups

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TG squads..

              I was playing Solar Farm with a bunch of friends, and 2 of my squadmates were pretty good with the jets, so they were flying around destroying targets with the unguided bombs. They said the hardest part was spotting targets in the jet so they could bomb them. So, as squad leader, I started using the attack icon to mark targets for them. That gave me an idea, on Solar farm, you could have a squad of 3-4, 2 dedicated jet pilots and 1 or 2 snipers that would act as spotters for the jets (with one of the snipers being the SL). Maybe even have the snipers be air support role for more offensive capability.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TG squads..

                What a GREAT idea!! ^^

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: TG squads..

                  "See a need, fill a need!"

                  Good stuff IO

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: TG squads..

                    Thanks guys!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: TG squads..

                      Originally posted by Io Dragone View Post
                      I was playing Solar Farm with a bunch of friends, and 2 of my squadmates were pretty good with the jets, so they were flying around destroying targets with the unguided bombs. They said the hardest part was spotting targets in the jet so they could bomb them. So, as squad leader, I started using the attack icon to mark targets for them. That gave me an idea, on Solar farm, you could have a squad of 3-4, 2 dedicated jet pilots and 1 or 2 snipers that would act as spotters for the jets (with one of the snipers being the SL). Maybe even have the snipers be air support role for more offensive capability.
                      Very Nice!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: TG squads..

                        Originally posted by Io Dragone View Post
                        That gave me an idea, on Solar farm, you could have a squad of 3-4, 2 dedicated jet pilots and 1 or 2 snipers that would act as spotters for the jets (with one of the snipers being the SL). Maybe even have the snipers be air support role for more offensive capability.
                        I would stress that you still need an EMP Tech to provide protection and spot counter EMP's that would inhibit air strikes and friendly armor.

                        I've always liked this kind of coordinated attack. In BF2142, I've had the opportunity of being the SL of an armor squad with a commander that was great at relaying my air support requests with a gunship squad. The resulting devastation is unparalleled.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: TG squads..

                          Originally posted by draeh View Post
                          I would stress that you still need an EMP Tech to provide protection and spot counter EMP's that would inhibit air strikes and friendly armor.

                          I've always liked this kind of coordinated attack. In BF2142, I've had the opportunity of being the SL of an armor squad with a commander that was great at relaying my air support requests with a gunship squad. The resulting devastation is unparalleled.
                          Thats a really good idea! Set up an emp stick at a choke point, or hit an incoming vehicle with an emp rocket, then mark them for the jets... Kaboom!
                          If they get out, then they'll be sniped.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: TG squads..

                            I think this is a great ideal. I have been thinking of doing this for a long time but found it hard finding the right ppl

                            My GT is: SNIPE 209

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: TG squads..

                              I think this is a great idea... Can anyone join??? I think if we played on a large map and had 4 squads of 4 or 2 squads of 6, we would be next to unstoppable... I think everyone can agree with that.

                              It's hard to try and win with your friends cause all they want to do is run around shooting stuff, it's fun as hell, but I would like to win a couple of games based on strategy, not lucky shots.
                              [xbox]Flies Nest[/xbox]

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X