CoD4 patched...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 patched...

Team Xbox has word that the much anticipated patch for Call of Duty 4, (Xbox 360 version), has been released and will update when you boot up the game.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: CoD4 patched...

very cool... you'll see the 203 rounds leave the weapon fly and hit you or near you, the camera follows it now...same with the airstrike, you'll see the bomb-lets spread out and land on you...I'll try and get some screens of it later.

The much anticipated feature patch for the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has been released. Below is the info provided by Infinity Ward on some of the new features found in this patch:

New Kill Cams

Weve added new Kill Cams for everything. So now those WTF! grenades that seemingly come from no where, you can see that a guy threw it over the house, it hit a tree branch, bounced off a rock, into a tiny window, where you happened to be pointing out of, and say whoa. Follow behind RPGs and M203s kill cams, claymores, Airstrikes where you can follow the bomb from the plane until it hits you.

Host Migration

Now you wont have to be dropped back by yourself when a host leaves. Instead, everyone will stay together, a new host will be assigned, and the game will auto-start back up. Keeping everyone together, no more re-inviting, re-joining games because some host leaves. This has been a tall order and something that weve put a lot of work into which has allowed us to really optimize online play all around not just specifically with Host migration.

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy

Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because Im a horrible sniper), but now its so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more WTF I know I hit that guy! moments.

Upgraded Spectator Cam

Now when youre in spectator mode you can follow them in 3rd person, switch to their first person view, or rotate the camera in a full 360 degrees around whoever youre watching.

Quick Mute Option

Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.

SWEET!
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

YES! did it fix your party getting broken up??

Comment

Can't wait till I get my 360 back and I can start playing again.
        |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

I hope this correct the netcode issue I've been experiencing. Nothing makes me more mad than to come up behind a guy to knife him, only to have him turn around and immediately kill me with a single shot. Then, looking at the kill cam, realize that he had turned around seconds before and had actually put 4-6 rounds into me.

It reminds me of the early days of Counter-Strike Source with the terrible netcode. I can't count the number of times I've fallen back to cover, only to die behind a metal shield and check the kill cam to realize that (according to the "server") I never even made it to cover.

Comment

Nope, the netcode still plays like it was written in 1998. Man, Halo 1 didn't run this poorly.

Comment

Interesting Fenix - rarely look at the Kill cam - I'll have to check this out, even more reasons to yell Bull S!

Comment

Mute function works, but once you hit the lobby, they become unmuted again.

Also having A LOT of host-dropping issues lately, not to mention I keep joining into games that end the moment I chose my gun. To add insult to injury, it's usually on the losing team :P

some problems with the patch, but I do enjoy the kill cam... and the in-game mute is better than having to go through the whole process, especially in this game.
                -

Comment

Another big beef I have is taking the time to run a flank maneuver with my UAV jammer and silenced M4 and have it all end for nothing. My intention is to use my UAV to locate the enemy team's "back guy," knife him and possibly gun down one more, then fall back to cover while my team "mops up" from the front.

Unfortunately, the whole thing usually falls apart after my 1st kill (if even) as someone invariably spawns behind me and gets a free kill. At first I thought I may have been getting beat by another UAV jammer, but checking the kill cam almost always shows the player in a corner I know I checked before pushing up for the kill.

The ACOG on the other hand now functions a lot better than it used to. I also can now run pretty hard with the sniper rifle when, pre-patch, I was lucky if I got one kill. In fact, I think the sniper rifle might be a bit over-powered. Last night, I happened to round a corner and come face-to-face with an M-16, only to "no scope" him in the head out of panic. That was hilarious.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X