anyone getting Army of two March 6th?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone getting Army of two March 6th?

Just out of curiosity, who is getting Army of Two? In stores March 6th.

I think I finally decided to skip Frontline, with Vegas 2 coming out in 2 or 3 weeks... but Army of Two might be interesting for a pre-Vegas game...2 man co-op, comedy shooter... still undecided myself...60 bucks is alot for just a couple weeks of fun...Vegas 2, when released will be taking most of my gaming time (PC and 360 version, lol.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: anyone getting Army of two March 6th?

I am probably going to skip this one, along with Frontlines: Fuel of War, and just wait for the next Rainbow Six. Army of Twos concept is intriguing and it might end up being a lot of fun, but its hard to throw $60 down on a game I might only play for a few weeks. Plus, I have to think this will be one that a lot of players eventually trade and will be easy enough to pick up for much cheaper later to play with a friend or two.

Comment

true...and with word of ANOTHER classic map pack for GRAW2... this died from my thoughts as fast as it came. lol
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I plan on snagging it
        -

Comment

then I guess we will have to partner clod...because I just looked at my receipt for my Vegas pre-order, I also pre-order Army of Two...opps. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

lol, I haven't pre-ordered either, but I plan on getting them regardless... but I've been told its due out tomorrow?

The whole aggro system is intriguing, apparently you'll actually suppress baddies, also grabbing their attention, allowing for flanking maneuvers and such. being a two-man wrecking machine sounds fun (not to mention the social interactions, and the AI)

The whole armored acrobats thing is silly, but I'll over-look it if this aggro thing delivers as its supposed to.
            -

Comment

I love the co-op, but Ill be waiting for some reviews on this one. The lack of hype from EA makes me concerned.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

EA seems to over-hype the bad games, this is a good sign!

:P
                -

Comment

Looks like the consensus is a solid B. New co-op approach looks like fun, so, I'll be picking it up today (pre-ordered at EB). I've read the reviews below and common impressions are great graphics, fun/innovative co-op, good enemy AI, poor friendly AI (so play co-op instead!), limited single player replay value, greater MP replay value with the release of DLC (game only ships with 4 MP maps and 3 modes).

(I tried to post the links but the system won't let me until I make at least 15 posts.)

4/5) G4TV Video Review -

(9/10) Gamer.TV Review -

(8.7/10) Game Revolver.com -

(8.5/10) LazyGamer -

(7.5/10) Game Informer -

(4/5) Gamertag Radio -

(8/10) The10k.com -

(8.5/10) Kombo.com -

(7.9/10) IGN.com -

Comment

i would love to pick this up, but the wife is already likely to beat me severely when I show up with Vegas2. If I bought this as well I would likely not survive :)

Comment

Originally posted by Maj0r_Blunder View Post
                      Looks like the consensus is a solid B. New co-op approach looks like fun, so, I'll be picking it up today (pre-ordered at EB). I've read the reviews below and common impressions are great graphics, fun/innovative co-op, good enemy AI, poor friendly AI (so play co-op instead!), limited single player replay value, greater MP replay value with the release of DLC (game only ships with 4 MP maps and 3 modes).

(I tried to post the links but the system won't let me until I make at least 15 posts.)

4/5) G4TV Video Review -

(9/10) Gamer.TV Review -

(8.7/10) Game Revolver.com -

(8.5/10) LazyGamer -

(7.5/10) Game Informer -

(4/5) Gamertag Radio -

(8/10) The10k.com -

(8.5/10) Kombo.com -

(7.9/10) IGN.com -
                      Hey thanks for the info.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

I disagree with all the high reviews... graphics and sounds are great, but SP gets boring fast... same stuff over and over... go find someone, go kill some one, rescue someone, blow up something... get money, buy new toys...repeat... after 3 missions it's pretty much the same thing different location...

MP is a joke... either co-op (which is the best and only great part I see in this), and 2 vs 2 MP...which is not that fun... only 4 maps... and where did you hear there was three modes... just co-op and 2 vs 2 is all I've seen...

Posted screens and comments in the screenshot forum...

I see this coming and going fast... very fast... IMO, unless you have a buddy to play with, and willing to spend 60 bucks for a co-op campaign, then by all means but IMO...save your money and buy something else.

JMO.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Well, I tried to pick it up today, but when I got there, they told me the warehouse buggerd up the order, or something... they had a lot of angry customers today, heh.

Anyways, got my copy reserved for tomorrow, so I should have it then.
                          -

Comment

sounds like a nice rental, if I can get a friend to rent it at the same time.

Comment

Yo Magnum I see you allready have Army of Two Is it worth it Im thinking about getting it?
                              |TG| Plude220

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X