Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well I picked up Frontline after all, lol...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well I picked up Frontline after all, lol...

Wasn't going to do it since Kaos/THQ screwed me out of a working PC version... but got to GameStop to pick up Army of Two, and had 70 bucks on my trade in card, so picked it up anyway... looking to join in on some fun. lol

Man I am becoming a console gamer big time lately... if it wasn't for Steel Beasts or ArmA, I wouldn't need PC gaming. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: well I picked up Frontline after all, lol...

That's what happened to me a few years ago with XBL. Until then I was mostly a PC player. And even as late as BF2 stilled played PC games almost as much as XBL.

But then I really came to enjoy XBL's VOIP feature and (relative) lack of bugs and no config issues. The games just work (in general).

In fact, Frontlines represents a trend that I fear will carry over from PC to Xbox. They basically took the "publish-n-patch" approach common in PC games for years. That was unknown in console gaming until XBL. Now XBL is being viewed by publishers as a way to release incomplete games which can be updated/patched later. Frontlines on the 360 is an extreme example, but it's becoming more common. Army of Two is taking that approach with respect to multiplayer. It's shipping today with only 4 MP maps and 3 modes with promises to add more via DLC later.

DLC is a great thing (I'm buying GRAW2 again because of it!), but with GRAW2 it was truly an add-on to a complete game. Now it's becoming a way to push stuff out the door to generate revenue asap.

Anyway, I'll be trading Frontlines in towards Ao2 today since it appears that Ao2 works as intended while FFOW, even on the 360, is still heavily flawed and Kaos won't commit to a fix plan. By the time Kaos gets around to patching and updating FFOW to what it could be (which would be great!) the used price will probably be well below $30.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
      Man I am becoming a console gamer big time lately... if it wasn't for Steel Beasts or ArmA, I wouldn't need PC gaming. ;)
      If you ever need to get rid of that POS PC you've got, I'd be happy to help you out - I know a guy ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
        I know what you mean.
        XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I'm going console too, I feel dirty...
          -

Comment

I'm fully committed at this point. Like Magnum said in another post it just suits my lifestyle at this point. Not to mention the games are great, and I am really enjoying the system. It's been well over a year now that I have given up on PC gaming, and I don't miss it one bit.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

stop crushing my head...
              -

Comment

Hate to say it but I too have been playing mostly on XBOX. I'm still better with mouse and keyboard but overall I'm enjoying playing on the console. You don't have to upgrade so often.

Comment

Roger that. As my family got larger and older, I found I hardly had time to play let only time to keep up with hardware/software issues of a PC.

I've been on Xbox 360 for about 9 months now -- after over 6 years of hard-core PC gaming. It was quite an adjusment, but now I'm glad -- I spend my time playing instead of tinkering with the PC!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X