About Rainbow Six Vegas 2...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Rainbow Six Vegas 2...

Might be a good idea to pool our information about this upcoming game together in one thread... not only to know, but to build hype... because I have a feeling Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is going to be a big hit, both on PC and Xbox 360 (and PS3 I guess)... Like Call of Duty 4 is a hit for PC and consoles.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Official site:
    http://rainbowsixgame.us.ubi.com/age...tURL=/home.php

Release dates:

Xbox 360 & PS3; March 20th
    PC version; March 28th

What I've read so far:

Create your own character male or female now

Your not Logan Keller this time, your Bishop... still with Walter and Park...

cutscenes are interactive through your eyes, like Half life 2

The new maps will be bigger, outside, in neighborhoods and streets, along with the vegas stuff.

Better graphics for both SP and MP

PEC-character developement, you will get points and achievments and unlocks playing both SP and MP aspects of the game... so if you play the SP campaign first, you will have rank and unloceked weapons when you MP, instead of starting over.

The point system will be more like Call of Duty 4's point system for objectives, kills, etc etc

Everything you do is tracked and recorded, head shots, flank kills, etc etc

able to sprint

The campaign and the co-op is one in the same now, not a shorten version of the mission, you will go through the whole mission... up to 4 for the co-op, and the maps are made to accomidate tactics for 4 instead of 2 entries.

UPDATE: now it's only 2 player co-op.

You can start a solo game, have friends come and go as needed and still continue with the mission and the points.

Xbox live report:
    11 new weapons (50 total now)
    11 total maps including a couple of classics from PC Raven Shield
    2 new game modes
    new online match search engine
    ability to join in progress
    An improved terrorist Hunt mode (terrorist will spawn more fairly, and not behind you)
    Invite friends into RANNKED sessions

ACES (advance combat enhancements and specilaties)
    (experience points)
    1. Close Quarters battle
    2. Marksmanship
    3. Assualt

(with rewards specific to the type of gamer you are)

3/6/08 ADDED

Vegas 2 adds a few new wrinkles like bullet penetration physics and distructible cover.

New to Vegas 2 is a domination inspired MP mode called Total Conquest. To win your teasm must hold 3 satellite dishes for 30 strait seconds.

Vegas 2 moves slighterly faster then Vegas 1 but not as fast as Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4.

AI has been greatly improved and concentrated on.

RS Vegas 2 vs CoD4:

It will be compared, both are simular but different.

Realistic weapon behavior...both
    Insanely realisitic weapon behavior... Vegas 2
    Persistent character for online... both
    Persistent character across all modes... Vegas 2
    Speedy, twitch-based moving and shooting...CoD4
    Slower, stealthgier creeping and ambushing... Vegas 2
    Survival traits: Accurancy, speed, tenacity... CoD4
    Survival traits: Forethought, patience, teamwork... Vegas 2

Links:

The first 10 mins of the 360 version download video:
    http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6090_en.html

online co-op preview:
    http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-3.../856402p1.html

G4 videos:
    http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/2...x_Vegas_2.html

Gamespots videos and screens:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...result;title;1

Team Xbox R6 Vegas 2:
    http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-36...ix-Vegas-2/p1/

http://xbox360.ign.com/launch/rainbow-six-vegas-2.html

Feel free to add whatever to this post, related to the upcoming Vegas 2.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: About Rainbow Six Vegas 2...

A great start to the forum and a slew of information regarding the upcoming release of Rainbow Six Vegas 2. The official site seems to have gotten a makeover within the last few days and has been updated with a lot of new features. Iíll add that there are a couple of related threads in the Xbox / Xbox 360 Discussion forum, in case they donít make their way into this section.

Release Date

There seems to be a lot of confusion within the gaming community as to when R6V2 will hit retail shelves. The official release date on Ubiís website lists March 18th in the US and its link to pre-order the game with GameStop states that it will ship on that particular date. GameSpot also lists a March 18th release date for the Xbox 360 version.

Limited Edition

While not a complete success within the industry, like a lot of highly anticipated new games, R6V2 will ship with a Limited Edition. This will feature the following content:
    • Includes Collectible Poker Chip Key Chain
    • Limited Edition Bonus Disk
    • Exclusive Strategy Video: With insider tips and secrets from the developers, pro gamers, and Frag Dolls you won't get anywhere else.
    • Pro Gamer Interview: Get an exclusive look at the life of a pro gamer with MLG player FinestX.
    • MLG Pro Circuit '07 Season Highlights: Watch the pros take on the most heated matches of '07.
    • Tom Clancy's EndWar(TM) Sneak Peek: Join the Frag Dolls for a hands-on look at the latest thrilling game in the Tom Clancy arsenal.

Pre-Order Bonus Offers

There are two bonus offers available to anyone that pre-orders R6V2 from the following retailers:
    • Best Buy - Assault Rifle Unlock
    • GameStop - Comcast Optimized MLG Map Unlock

Comment

I watched "the first 10 minutes with Vegas 2" videos... was very impressed, but I did notice the teammate AI went down alot, and would still be covering/looking the wrong way...

But still very much looking forward to this game.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Hey great info here guys. I have been on the fence a little about this game, but the more I read, the more it looks like this might be for me. I have been playing the heck out of Cod 4 on the 360, but I do long for more tactics, and a slower pace.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

7 days, 15 hours before the 360 launch. ;)

http://xbox360.ign.com/launch/rainbow-six-vegas-2.html
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I am not sure how this slipped by everyone, but tonight's episode of G4's X-Play is dedicated to Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Originally posted by G4TV.com
            Adam and Morgan dedicate a full episode to the upcoming Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, including the history behind the Rainbow Six franchise, the brand new storyline, exclusive footage of the never-before-seen nightclub level, expanded multiplayer gameplay, and much more!
            It airs at 8:00 PM EST and replays several times into Wednesday.

Comment

I dont get G4, so even if I did see that, which I probably did, I wouldnt remember a few minutes later. Just a quick question I was watching a video of some co-op terrorist hunt, and people were spawning in when they died. I havent played online co-op so I dont know if it was in the original or not, but will this also have spawns in co-op on the same 360. thanks.
              |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

yep...but you can set it up to how many or none, if I remember correctly.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I'm recording a later airing of X-Play and will post anything interesting from the show.

In other news, Xbox.com published a Tips and Tricks feature titled Top Ten Tips for Rainbow Six Vegas 2, written by David Knight of Prima Games. Here's an excerpt regarding cover:

Originally posted by Xbox.com
                  Be Aware of Your Cover
                  Not all cover is created equally, so before ducking behind an object, assess its qualities and orientation. For instance, don't take cover behind objects constructed from glass, wood, or plastic. Even low powered weapons can slice through these materials. Instead, seek out solid objects, preferably built from concrete, stone, or metal.
                  It's an interesting article that hints at some of the new features and changes in gameplay.

Comment

I hope they improved the enemy "spawn-ins"... thats the only thing I disliked about Vegas, really. Terrorist Hunts was all twitch-shooting, not to mention after a while, the spawns were found out and memorized, so people exploited them.
                    -

Comment

Clod...that was addressed in Vegas 2 from my readings.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Team Xbox has two video featurettes about Rainbow Six Vegas 2 . One covers night vision and the other silencers.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

First 10 minute video [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aQErQNFa-Hw&feature=related[/media] dont know if anyone wants to see it. It doesnt ruin anything, and the guy who is playing sucks.
                          |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            Clod...that was addressed in Vegas 2 from my readings.
                            Sweet! What did they do, or better yet, how did they over-come that problem?

The one true thing that irked me about R6V was the fact the enemy didn't really patrol, and soon as they spawned in, they reacted without hesitation. Basically, basic bots, very little to do with any AI, just bots. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed that made me. It made the snake cam useless in Terrorist Hunts, which also made breaching charges useless, aside from "exploiting" doors to wipe out large numbers of terrorists.

I don't know, I wish the game had something similar to GRAW Co-op. Nothing "spawns in" behind you, everything is spawned in at the start, and the AI simply patrols, giving you a chance to really accomplish something in terms of teamwork. The current system is for nothing more than having to be incredibly quick on the trigger, and on your virtual feet (to spin around once you hear that next spawn in rushing your asses)
                            -

Comment

Could you use the snake cam in terrorist hunt I didnt even know you had it.
                              |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...