Preparations for R6V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparations for R6V2

While waiting for the release of Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Lorax74 and I have been working through the first's single-player campaign and played our first co-operative Terrorist Hunt missions on Saturday. We have yet to successfully complete a hunt, but have had a blast playing together and learning the ins and outs of R6V. It was almost shocking to see enemy AI that opened doors, actually flanked us, and used flash bangs or smoke grenades. Our first few missions were disasters, because we figured we would face stereotypical console encounters and just mow through our objectives. Needless to say, we were wrong and paid for it.

Speaking of which, I wondered what some of the basic equipment setups everyone has found to be useful in missions? Right now, I am using the G36C with an ACOG scope as my primary, MP5 with a reflex scope as my secondary and both smoke and frag grenades. On a whim, I gave the M8, SCAR-H CQC and MP7A1 twirls and enjoyed the way the developers modeled each weapon. There are always going to be times a sniper rifle or shield might be needed, but what are some of the better choices for a well-rounded soldier?

I believe R6V is a great game to discuss tactics and hope the release of Vegas 2 will help prompt some in-depth conversations on the forums. For example, how does a team go about clearing a room or descend a stairwell? Unlike a lot of current titles, real world tactics do seem to hold up in R6V, so it will be exciting to see what kind of SOPs we can develop for the community. Tactical Wiki might be a great place to start things rolling and bring forward for Vegas 2.

Lorax74 and I could certainly use another teammate or two, as there are plenty of situations where we get hit from places that we can’t cover with only two soldiers. So, if anyone is interested in playing some co-op missions, please let me know. It should serve as a great opportunity to develop some basics tactics and get accustomed to R6V's gameplay.

Re: Preparations for R6V2

Vegas is a little more faster and carefree then SWAT 3 or 4... but the tactics are very similar in my opinion... the way a team stacks up, enters and clears a room...etc etc...

you can get tons of good info in the SWAT4 forum, or here at my site:

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/swat_tactics.htm

Again, not exactly the same but close.

I already traded in Vegas for maximum trade in value, but I will be big into Vegas 2 when released... will be playing the SP campaign from day one till finished, then by that weekend getting in on co-op play...so look for me upon release. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I usually go with a AK-47 with reflex and a Shotgun with rifle scope, for my equipment I use smokes and flash grenades. I was going to try and make it this saturday but my 360 isn't back yet. I hopefully will able to play this saturday before I turn it in.
      |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Playing single player I normaly go with a shotgun/laser and a PSG-1/6/12x scope. Round that off with frags and smoke (maybe flashbang is hostages involved) and the biggest pistol available.
        Online I prefer the shotgun (870 with a laser) and a pistol (raging bull or mk23).

My personal feeling is that the shield is a little too cheap for common use, but I have used it on occassion.

Comment

Success! My battle buddy, Lorax74, and I finally completed a Terrorist Hunt and are proudly sporting our new achievements on our GamerCards. We learned a lot and had a blast trying to get through the Kill House map. However, we didn’t stop there and moved on to complete both Border Town and Streets.

I have to say these simple missions have been a great way to learn the game and have been a lot of fun to play together. The little details included in R6V are fantastic. We couldn’t stop laughing as a terrorist exchanging fire with us ducked behind cover and called us “puntas” and catching a rope moving in the distance has certainly helped us keep from being flanked on a few occasions.

Now, if we can get past having to play these on easy mode ... :row__577:

Comment

Good job, took me and my friend about 100 trys. We had some stupid rules like if one of us died the other one had to, and we werent being very tactical, but I doubt we could it any better if we didnt have the rules.
            |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

WHAT! my 12 year old daughter and i cleared most of the maps in terrorist hunt on HARD, lol... took alot of tries but we did it. ;)

My Xbox 360 release plan... pick it up next Wednesday, have the SP done by Saturday night, then a Saturday night MP party.... something like that.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X