Live on PC desktop Q.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live on PC desktop Q.

Ya, I know it's kind of weird, and probably nothing out there... but was wondering...is there like a widget or something that can be put on the PC desktop that monitors your friends list, lets you see who in online or logs in in real time... kind of just like Xbox lives blade but on the PC desktop...

Yes i know that you can go to xbox.com log in and see, but I mean real time...like if I am surfing and posting here at TG, and someone logs in i can get a message or whatever... just wondering.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Live on PC desktop Q.

I believe if you have Vista there is a desktop gadget that you could use.

Comment

I have vista and searched for it with no luck in the gadget search, but thx anyway.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Windows Live Messenger has an Xbox tab that keeps track of your Friends list. It will tell you who is offline or online and what games they are playing, similar to the Xbox LIVE blade.

Comment

Ya I heard that, but my understanding is that the friends have to also use messenger on the 360, and few do.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Friends do not have to be using Windows Live Messenger to appear on the tab. They would need to be logged on to use IM, of course. The following is a screenshot of what this feature looks like:

Clicking on a friend will link you to their Xbox.com profile. The Xbox tab isn't a fantastic tool, but does provide some basic information about gamers on your Friends List without having to visit the Xbox website.

Comment

thx for the explanation.

I activated Messenger, (had it but didn't have it load on start up)... I see my list... I did do a check thou, I turned on my daughters 360 and logged into her account, still shows offline till you refresh it yourself...

better then nothing, but i would love to have a utility that works just like on the 360, whenever someone logs in or plays a game, a message would pop up on my desktop to inform me....but messenger will do for my purpose...

BTW...OT... did you know that GRAW2 has 52 maps, WOW... thats alot of maps (and there great and big) for one game. lol
              Last edited by Magnum50; 03-10-2008, 01:12 PM. Reason: added info...
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X