minimap orientation on Xbox 360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimap orientation on Xbox 360

On the board "Frontlines - Tactics & Missions" is thread "Minimap orientation and SITREPs", sc1ence explains how to turn off minimap rotation so it keeps north at the top -- making it easy to call out enemy positions using compass headings. This also makes minimap oriented same as full map view - which for me is a lot less confusing.

I had read a while back this did not work correctly on Xbox 360. So I tested it last night, and found out it works correctly on Xbox 360!! - but only in multiplayer. (But singleplayer is oriented in a weird way, unfortunately.)
    Last edited by dromedary32; 03-18-2008, 03:44 PM.

Re: minimap orientation on Xbox 360

Very good to know.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I tried to add link to your post, sc1ence, but it won't let me put URL's in a post since I haven't yet had 20 posts. (and using this post to bump my post count - only 13 more to go!)

Comment

I think it depends on the map... for some maps the full map and locked-minimap seem to have the same orientation. On other maps, the full map is tilted on it's side in "landscape" view.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          I think it depends on the map... for some maps the full map and locked-minimap seem to have the same orientation. On other maps, the full map is tilted on it's side in "landscape" view.
          Alas, you're right WhiskeySix. On most maps it seems correct, but on Street it is tilted on its side like you describe. Darn.

Does it do that on PC too?

Comment

Originally posted by dromedary32 View Post
            Alas, you're right WhiskeySix. On most maps it seems correct, but on Street it is tilted on its side like you describe. Darn.

Does it do that on PC too?
            It shouldn't make any odds though as long as everybody's map is the same way though right?
            No sig to see here...

Comment

As long as you keep use the mini-map when giving SitRep's, then it should be fine. In otherwords, define North as what the locked-minimap thinks is "up".

Comment

On Invasion its also flipflopped. The thing that might make it confusing on those maps is if not everyone's map is locked, and they are unknowing using the pull-up map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X