Oblivion - 360 - Worth getting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion - 360 - Worth getting?

I was in GameStop yesterday and I saw that Oblivion + the expansions are coupled together into one title. I originally purchased the game on PC but I had sound issues and could never figure a fix and never really got started.

So I see with the expansions all together on the original game I'd give it a try on the 360. Is it worth getting on the 360?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Oblivion - 360 - Worth getting?

Hell yeah!

I really can't say anything besides that, heh.
    -

Comment

Personally, I hated the game. I played it for a couple hours and haven't touched it since.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I have it for xbox 360 great game would advise getting it if you enjoyed it for pc although pc would be better due to player created content and other mods etc etc..but it still a very good game for xbox

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Well I figure in total, considering the multiple gamertags I started with and restarting the game too many times to begin with I have over 200 hours playing Oblivion.
          With that in mind I would definately suggest getting the game.

Comment

Also had it for PC when it came out, beat the main storyline, put it away. I usually prefer the PC version because of the user created content, but with Oblivion there was so much I feel it took away from the game. I spent too much time playing with the user created stuff and not enought time actually playing the game as it was meant too. Bought it for Xbox360 last fall at the lower price, added some Bethesda content through the marketplace and have about 60 hours in it since then. Great game, 5 great large quests, tons of sidequests, more dungeons than I'll ever manage to get through. Overall its a definite recommend if your into fantasy rpg style games.
            |TG-6th|FYAH29
            "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

That was problem, I ended up modding the game trying to "fix" the character leveling system, and fix the game world scaling problem. All I did was mod, mod, mod trying to make the game work the way lots of people thought it should have worked to begin with.

By the time I got close to getting the game modded to the point where it was playable I was sick of it all. Plus modding brought bugs on bugs... ugh... I dug the world and the environments but it was just too much work trying to "fix" the game.

Maybe I should just play it on 360, but man, the graphics without the mods would be painful I think... /sigh Here's to hoping they don't kill Fallout3.

I will probably play F3 on PC since it will look a lot better. I just hope I don't have to mod it to get it playable.
              Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I think thats why I enjoy the 360 version so much more. I just hop on and play it. My solution to the level scaling was to not level... heh. You'd think the game would become dull, but really, it just upped the enjoyment factor for me.

I don't know, the game offers a lot of choice on how you play, just need to take full advantage of that.
                -

Comment

I have it for both PC and XBox and grew tired of it on each, most likely due to my limited attention span :). If it's on sale I would certainly say give it a shot.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X