Disk read error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk read error

Ive been playing the campaign and I got about a hour in and it frozze on me and said disk read error I checked the disk and it had some strange swirls on it luckaly I kept the receipt and swaped it I havent tryed the new one yet hopefully it works.
    |TG| Plude220

Re: Disk read error

Yeah, mine did that too... unfortunately I wasn't able to return it. So now my xbox likes to give me that "dirty disk" error constantly... :(
    -

Comment

ya I get that too...and I know my disk ain't dirty, only happened twice so far, simply eject and put it back in w/o incident...but still a pain... a couple other games did that before too.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I emailed microsoft support today, because Vegas is the last straw for me with this. All my games get this error at some point. Vegas seems to be the most frequent. At first I couldn't come up with a cause, but I found something on the xbox support page that might be worth looking into. One of the tests is to remove all memory units and HD and try to play the game. I then thought about Vegas and COD4 when it would get the error. COD4 when a round ends and back to lobby, updating my profile. Vegas usually after a checkpoint, again updating the save game on the HD. The microsoft possible solution is delete all save games and start again or move them to another device launch then save to original device. Most times I can remember getting an error were right after a HD write.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I should mention this has scratched my disk, which is why it happens more frequently.

I was just playing and BOOM, disk started making scratching sounds and I got the dirty disk error. My XBox does NOT stand up. It wasn't bumped or nudged... it just happened out of the blue. I'm a little pissed off now... seems I have to fight to play R6V2, or buy a new copy.
          -

Comment

Ouch! I may curse myself for saying this, but I haven't had any problems with my disk.

Hope you find a solution, Clodhopper. We had some great hunts with Lorax and I'd enjoy playing with you again.

Comment

Ohh I don't want to stop playing, the disk does, but I seem to be getting by fine enough
              -

Comment

It's not the disk... it's the machine, earlier Xbox 360's had that problem...

I have 2 Xbox 360's, one of the older ones which gives me that error on most of my disk, and one of the newer made and corrected ones that never give me that error.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

geez... I'm seriously going to reconsider buying the next XBox in the future... with all the problems this model has had... as much as I love the machine, I'm getting really sick of all these hardware malfunctions.
                  -

Comment

yeah my first one did that alot, but I just got a shiny brand new one a week ago, so hopefuly no problems.
                    |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

This is the first time this has happened to me my 360 has been worked on a few months ago for the ring of fire but I didnt know so many other people have had the same problem with Vegas.
                      |TG| Plude220

Comment

My XBox 360 has a nasty habit of eating disks. You can hear them being munched on while they're in there, and if I leave it on overnight, it's a surefire way to destroy a game. Usually as long as I only have it on during a play session, there's no problem tho.

DaBrit

By Any Means
                        [/url]

Comment

As said above, it's pretty much a problem with the console.

Microsoft rushed to release it to get their next-gen foot in the door, and people with early builds are the ones paying for it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X