Some new members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new members

A small group of friends and I have been working our way through various tactical shooters, and took up RSV2 as soon as it came out. We are all older gamers, looking for good tactical play, and have not had much luck with the kind of RSV2 games we were getting if we just joined Live games at random. I was impressed with what I heard about TacticalGamer, and suggested we all join.

Almost all of us have kids, and we generally play after bedtime (circa 9:30 or 10 EDT) for a few hours (and sometimes more). A few of us are on virtually every night. Since we usually max out at four or five players, we have mostly been doing Terrorist Hunts, but would love to organize adversarial games if we can get at least 8 players total.

Join our friends lists and don't hesitate to message us if you want to join a game. If players can generally be available on particular evenings, reply to this post and, if we get enough interest, I will set up scheduled game nights.

Hope to see many of you online!

GrognardRick (both my TacticalGamer tag and Xbox tag)

My friends are:
    Blu Six (TacticalGamer tag and Xbox tag)
    Dr. Orlof xMGDx (Xbox tag, his TacticalGamer tag is Dr.Orlof)
    daninsky (Xbox tag, he is joining TacticalGamer as I post this, and with the same tag)
    NELS53 (Xbox tag, his TacticalGamer tag is nvokes)
    A few others will probably be joining TacticalGamer shortly
    Last edited by GrognardRick; 04-09-2008, 06:46 PM. Reason: Update friends list

Re: Some new members

Welcome to Tactical Gamer, GrognardRick. We have a small group of members that play Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on a regular basis and have just started to organize community gaming sessions. A lot of us seem to be still getting our feet wet with the game, so you should see much more activity over the next few weeks. It will certainly be fantastic to finally have enough members to organize private matches that promote tactical gameplay.

I look forward to getting a chance to play with you and your friends.

Comment

Sounds great welcome all!
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

hope to get to play with you guys soon, cant do this weekend but ill be able to do next week. If you are into CoD4 we are trying to start a team so you and your friend are glad to join
        |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Just got this game, seems pretty sweet - although I am getting worked on the terroist hunts!!!

Comment

Hey! Welcome!

I've just moved out to Northern VA as well(Fairfax)

I also tend to play around the same times, since I usually get home pretty late in the evening.

Gamertag -> TheCalv
            |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Calvin,

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to see you're nearby. We may get some great pings. For the last week or so, I've mainly been helping a friend to get through the storyline on realistic. When I'm not doing that, I'm always up for other coop play, terrorist hunts or even Live if we can find decent games. So far we haven't seemed to get the critical mass for our own Live games, but I hope that will change.

Rick

Comment

Sythos,

Also sorry for the late reply to you. Hope we get a chance to play RSV6. As for COD4, I just completed the single player and haven't even tried multiplayer. Having said that, it is an attractive game, and I will take a look at the TG Xbox COD4 forum. I don't think you want me anywhere near a team, but I'd be happy to volunteer if you need crash test dummies to try out tactics on.

Rick

Comment

If you are all serious, I might be of the inclination of purchasing this even tho I am playing the first one...

Unless there are multiplayer events going on, I've been waiting for games like this to drop in price before purchasing to play by myself. I scored both RSV1 and GRAW2 for $20usd each using this method.

If there's going to be multiplayer events going on, I'll buy it because of the added value of playing with everyone here.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Well, we are dead serious, but I'm not sure we have the critical mass yet for worthwhile Live play. I've mostly been working back through the game on Realistic and helping a friend do likewise. I will try to announce a scheduled play night shortly and see who shows up. If anyone has any preferences for a particular evening, post it here. I would be inclined to open a room at circa 10:00 pm EDT as most people I know are available then.

If you are playing through RSV1, I also started that. RSV2 makes minor improvements to the interface and has much clearer graphics, but the single player storyline is weaker. I have never played RSV1 online so I can't compare that.

Rick

Comment

Count me in! I bought the game today and I ve been playing online with a guy name NERO66. I ve already ranked up a few times now and the only way I like playing this game is on Max difficulty. My screen name is the same as seen here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X