Forza Motorsport 2 - D Class Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forza Motorsport 2 - D Class Project

I have completed all of the exhibition races in the arcade mode, which were a lot of fun and provided me with an opportunity to drive a lot of different classes of cars. The only time trials I have left are King Cobra and Nurburgring Nordschleife, but they are simply beasts and I certainly need more time behind the wheel to hit their marks. Before heading off to try my hand at multiplayer races, however, I have decided to focus on the career mode to try to complete enough events to lay a solid foundation for my garage.

At this point, Iíve finished the basic events to get a feel for various types of cars and most everything focused on D class cars. The last two I have left in the D class are the championship and endurance series, so I thought it might be a good time to try building my own car to race in these events. This will give me a chance to not only customize and paint a car, but also learn how to tune it for different tracks.

So, I need some friendly advice as to which car to select for my project. There seems to be a myriad of choices in the D class and Iím having a hard time trying to find something that isnít a real dog or too close to the next class to limit my ability to customize it. My only real preference is that it be front-wheel drive. Make and model are not a concern and I wouldnít frown upon something out of the ordinary.

Re: Forza Motorsport 2 - D Class Project

I used a coopers Mini as my starting car and upgraded it along the way into an A category car. It was very competitive even into the A category. You could get the same results out of a Honda Civic. There are at least a hundred D class cars in the game and most of them would make for a great car with a little TLC. Just pick something that you think looks nice.

Later on in the game when you start racing the higher classes that have more specific requirements you will have to be more picky about your car. Right now though at the start of the game all you really need is a fun car and wont make you cringe during the replays.

Comment

and Master can drive the hello out of that Cooper Mini... lol... what the hey you sneaking over here for anyway... and welcome. ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful reply, Master. I ended up purchasing a 2006 Saturn ION. Its Performance Index is on the higher end of D class models, so I shouldn't need to upgrade much for now. This will allow me to focus on tuning the car, which seems to be the harder aspect to learn anyway.

I am sure I'll have plenty of other questions along the way.

Comment

When FM2 came out I simple did the SP career (stopped about 75% in, got bored) and MP... The Magnum wasn't going to touch Arcade mode... well little did I know thats how you unlock most of the cars, and good cars at that... cars that can be used in MP...

So now I went through the arcade mode, finished gold in all but the last (long German) track, Nordstrom or something like that, silver there only. and unlocked 3 cars for each gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze...

Then I started that time trial thing, I'm about 65% through it... you have to beat a target time on each course with a certain vehicle... if you do, you unlock that car...

So, what I'm saying is to do the 2 arcade modes through, that way you learn the track and unlock some very fine cars...for the summer series coming up.

Also... for the race... the settings will be on realistic, like for fuel, tires, damage and all... but you can drive YOUR car anyway you want, either manual or automatic... with whatever aids you want on... but understand... manual, and the more aids you have OFF actually make you go faster... you have to drive better, but you do go faster... so work on changing to manual ASAP, and work on getting ride of some of those aids, you'll go faster.... BUT understand that it takes more work and skill to drive that way...so it's a choice you have to make before the upcoming summer series.

good luck
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I actually dropped the driving line and assists early with some advice from Clodhopper. The transition from automatic to manual transmission is going to take some time, but I can already tell the difference in performance during the few races I've used the later. Since I'm still trying to get used to the tracks, I tend to use an automatic to concentrate on driving the course itself.

There is so much to learn with this game, but I think that's what makes it so much fun.

Comment

I try to use the tire marks on the track as my driving line, they become darker going into the turns...but the flip side of that is you might end up going into a retaining wall since that 'turn' might not be a turn on the track you're driving on...

Probably why I'm not very good at turning :P
              |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...