Saturday 5/03/08 10:00pm et

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 5/03/08 10:00pm et

I scheduled a clan match 2 weeks from now of the time of this posting versus a group called "Christian Armada". Please reply if you can make it. Also if you have any friends who are interested in joining our group, get them over here to TG. We do need a few more players. Which maps do you guys want to use?

HealthyGarrett
    Lister314
    IO Dragone
    Desode
    Flies Nest
    Last edited by HealthyGarrett; 04-20-2008, 09:06 PM.

Re: Saturday 5/03/08 10:00pm et

I will most definitly be there. I still haven't heard from my bud either, but you can probably count on him in two weeks. (I'll see him tomorrow).

As for maps, I have no preference, As long as we keep changing them up is all that really matters I guess.

We should all try to hook up for "skirmishes" etc as well. After playing with you guys last night, I'm ruined for the general pop servers. I curse too much on those.

-Lister

Comment

Ok good. We do need a few more guys to fill out our team. We barely had enough people and we used a few subs at that.

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

As of right now, it looks like I'll be there. Good match last night too.

Hey Lister, isn't that icon of yours the computer guy from RED DWARF ?
          You wouldn't happen to know of any places on the web that has all of that series to watch online ?
          I love that show but have never gotten to see it all in order.
          Peace out , Desode
          Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

count me in again... Hopefully we murder them like we did the first game... That was wicked...
            [xbox]Flies Nest[/xbox]

Comment

Originally posted by Desode View Post
              As of right now, it looks like I'll be there. Good match last night too.

Hey Lister, isn't that icon of yours the computer guy from RED DWARF ?
              You wouldn't happen to know of any places on the web that has all of that series to watch online ?
              I love that show but have never gotten to see it all in order.
              Peace out , Desode
              Yeah, it's Holly from Red Dwarf.
              I don't know of anywhere you could d/l episodes. About the only thing you could do is buy the DVD's. Season 1-8 are available.

-Lister

Comment

i'll be there, i hope these guys are a bit more of a challange, that last match (i was in flie's nest squad) seemed way to easy. i have a buddy who is a halo3 veteren, he should be getting the game soon, i will get him to join our group.is this the beginning of a clan?

Comment

Originally posted by Rico Diablo View Post
                  is this the beginning of a clan?
                  I hope so, with more games under our belt I think we could have some intense matches...

The thinks I don't like about past clans I've been a part of... Feel free to add your own!

(1) Strict rules on when everyone has to practice.
                  - I think everyone agrees with this one, we all have lives and jobs it's hard to pick a day and commit to practicing, if everyone understands the concept of the game they should be able to practice (if thats what you want to call it) on their own...

(2) People who forget one thing "It's a game" and get way too rapped up in winning and forget to have a little fun...

(3) Young whinny kids!!!!!!!!
                  Now I know this forum doesn't have any but NO KIDS IN CLANS, they drive everyone on your team and the other teams nuts...

This is just an opinion, but add your own so if we do make a clan everyone can share their likes and dislikes before any confrontations
                  [xbox]Flies Nest[/xbox]

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Assault View Post
                    I hope so, with more games under our belt I think we could have some intense matches...

The thinks I don't like about past clans I've been a part of... Feel free to add your own!

(1) Strict rules on when everyone has to practice.
                    - I think everyone agrees with this one, we all have lives and jobs it's hard to pick a day and commit to practicing, if everyone understands the concept of the game they should be able to practice (if thats what you want to call it) on their own...

(2) People who forget one thing "It's a game" and get way too rapped up in winning and forget to have a little fun...

(3) Young whinny kids!!!!!!!!
                    Now I know this forum doesn't have any but NO KIDS IN CLANS, they drive everyone on your team and the other teams nuts...

This is just an opinion, but add your own so if we do make a clan everyone can share their likes and dislikes before any confrontations

1 - Couldn't agree more
                    2 - See 1
                    3 - See 1

Other than what you said I can't come up with anything new. I especially agree with what you said about the schedule requirements some clans have. I for one cannot dedicate timeslots of my life to a game. (You never know what the wife/kid will do to stop me). I haven't been a part of a formal clan since Tribes because of this. There are groups of people I will always play different games with, but there's never been a formal clan to make it official. Just a bunch of people hanging out is all it normally has been.
                    But given the nature of FFOW and how incredibly rewarding playing in an organized team can be I say that a clan is pretty much necessary to play the game to its' potential. As long as things don't get ridiculously serious and time consuming then I'm good.

-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Lister314 View Post
                      1 - Couldn't agree more
                      2 - See 1
                      3 - See 1

Other than what you said I can't come up with anything new. I especially agree with what you said about the schedule requirements some clans have. I for one cannot dedicate timeslots of my life to a game. (You never know what the wife/kid will do to stop me). I haven't been a part of a formal clan since Tribes because of this. There are groups of people I will always play different games with, but there's never been a formal clan to make it official. Just a bunch of people hanging out is all it normally has been.
                      But given the nature of FFOW and how incredibly rewarding playing in an organized team can be I say that a clan is pretty much necessary to play the game to its' potential. As long as things don't get ridiculously serious and time consuming then I'm good.

-Lister

I couldn't agree more...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm always down for playing but it's only when time and business don't get in the way. I just can't commit to something like video games, I want to have fun not being told to be here at a certain time or else "your out of the clan"... THATS NOT FUN!!!

A games a game and people should be there to have fun...

If I wanted to yell at people or hear people yelling at myself or other members I would go back to work... I train military and Law enforcement personnel, last thing I want to hear is people barking orders at each other over a video game... LOL

But as for the clan idea, if what I have said doesn't scare anyone, then I'm in....
                      [xbox]Flies Nest[/xbox]

Comment

I'm in agreement with you guys. I will try to make Saturdays our match night at a consistant time. I can't promise every Saturday though, you will know through the forums and XBL when I schedule a match. We really need to use these forums more often and at least recruit a few more members

Comment

Yeah, i can only help you guys out until you have enough members to stand on your own... I know I'm part of the TG community but I've got other clanly obligations :)

I think having mandatory practices is kind of stupid anyway. Voluntary practices on the other hand, if you make them interesting and design them to help people learn different aspects of the game better then those could definitely work. At the very least you would have people there who would want to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Io Dragone View Post
                            Yeah, i can only help you guys out until you have enough members to stand on your own... I know I'm part of the TG community but I've got other clanly obligations :)

I think having mandatory practices is kind of stupid anyway. Voluntary practices on the other hand, if you make them interesting and design them to help people learn different aspects of the game better then those could definitely work. At the very least you would have people there who would want to be there.

Voluntary practices are good. Chance to play more etc. As long as I'm not told to be there or provide a valid excuse hehe. But having semi scheduled nights where as many of us can try to meet up if able is a good idea and not a problem at all. But we definitly need more people before we can really even look into that because if we do have a lot of people, then it's a lot easier to have practices/matches at different times and always have the needed slots filled.

-Lister

Comment

I think much of the strats can we worked out on the forums; who's squading up together, load outs, roles, vehicle operators, etc.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X